A year ago, Common at The Frank—located right above Trattoria ZaZa—began accepting applications for 180 studio and one-bedroom apartments. With inviting common spaces, gorgeous rooftop views and some of the city’s best hot spots just a short walk away, Common at The Frank is a great home for anyone who wants to catch the Central City vibe. Keep reading for all the details.
Benefits of living at Common at The Frank
At Common at The Frank, the expertly-designed studios and one-bedroom apartments start at $988 per month and come with the best of city living, including sunlit living spaces with oversized windows, stainless steel appliances and in-unit laundry.
Common at The Frank is designed with comfort, convenience and community in mind, and offers the following amenities:
- Rooftop club room with a full kitchen, dining area + terrace
- Fitness center with a variety of machines
- Coworking room with comfortable seating + tables
- Beautifully furnished courtyard + on-site bar
- Pet-friendly spaces (washing station + turfed dog run)
- Elevator access + on-site parking
- Exclusive discounts for local + national brands
- “Connect by Common” community app with curated events
- And more!
Location, location, location
Common at The Frank: 201 20th Street North, Birmingham, AL 35203
Conveniently located in Central City at the intersection of 20th Street and 2nd Avenue North downtown, Common at The Frank is right in the heart of a lively neighborhood, packed with coffee shops, great restaurants, cocktail bars, bookstores, museums and everyday conveniences. Check out the cool places nearby:
- Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame: safeguarding the stories of Alabama’s Jazz heroes
- The Alabama Theatre: “the Showplace of the South since 1927”
- Adios: Mexico meets Southern hospitality at this unique bar
- El Barrio: Mexican-inspired cuisine + delicious drinks
- The Collins Bar: get your own special cocktail made just for you
- The Essential: for a tasty meal + beverage
- The Lyric: a beacon of history, entertainment + culture in the heart of Birmingham
- The Margaret: a comfy cocktail bar with a New Orleans vibe
- McWane Science Center: “one of the most wonderous experiences in Birmingham”
- Moon Shine: views for days at this rooftop bar on the Elyton Hotel
- Paramount: a bar arcade with beers, cocktails + great food
- Sidewalk Film Center + Cinema: Birmingham’s only non-profit movie theater + film festival
- Trattoria ZaZa: Italian foods from the finest ingredients carefully made every day
Located in the historic Frank Nelson Building
The Frank Nelson Building was originally built in 1903 as the First National Bank building. Standing 10 stories high, it was one of the city’s first skyscrapers, according to Bham Wiki. Through the years, it was home to a host of office tenants.
Then, in 2020, Orchestra Partners got the green light in 2020 to turn the property into a mixed-use development with apartments on floors two through ten and commercial spaces on the ground floor.
There’s also a commercial space downstairs for rent
Currently, ZaZa and UPS are occupying two of the four commercial spaces on the first floor, while two are available on the other side of the building for retail or restaurant use.
The units are in a large 4000+ square foot space that could be divided into two, and there’s a courtyard that could make a great restaurant seating area.