Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and we don’t want you scrambling at the last minute to plan something for your mom or other mother figure in your life. Show her you care with these special Mother’s Day gifts from local Birmingham businesses and activities you can enjoy together.
1. Cahaba Mother’s Day Market
Not sure exactly what to get your mom this year? No worries. This Saturday, May 13, Cahaba Brewing is hosting a Mother’s Day Market from 12-5PM. Get mom the perfect locally-made gift from one of over 70 vendors for a day full of food, shopping, cocktails and craft beer.
2. Fancy Face
Nothing is more refreshing than pampering yourself with a much-needed spa day. This year, get your mom a gift card from Fancy Face. Fancy Face offers all types of facials that suit your specific needs as well as the best selection of esthetician-approved skincare products. Some of their featured services include:
- Calm and Comfort– A soothing facial for all rosacea or flared skins ($70)
- Brighter Days– For skin that’s been a little more kissed by the sun ($90)
- The Hangaround- When you had one too many and the only cure is a facial ($85)
3. Wild Honey Flower Truck
Flowers for Mother’s Day is always a good idea. This week, Wild Honey Flower Truck has a schedule full of events where you can find them selling beautiful bouquets of flowers perfect for your mom’s special day. The truck’s schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, May 10: Afternoon Tea & Shop at Frances Valentine at The Summit 2-4PM, lunch provided by Real & Rosemary
- Thursday, May 11: Smores and Pours at Avondale Brewing Company 5:30-9PM
- Friday, May 12: Alkmy 12-5PM, South Boutique (The Summit location) 12-3PM, Party on the Porch at Alabama Outdoors (Homewood location) 6-8PM
- Saturday, May 13: Mother Walk at Homewood Central Park 6:30-9:30AM, Susan Gordon Pottery in Homewood 10AM-3PM, Tonya Jones Spa 10:30AM-1:30PM, Smith’s Variety 2-5PM
All events are free to the public, except Wednesday’s Afternoon Tea & Shop at The Summit. You can purchase a ticket for the event here.
4. Honeycreeper Chocolate & basic.
What’s better than a box of chocolates? Get a sweet treat for your mom this year with Honeycreeper Chocolate’s Mother’s Day selections. They offer all kinds of goods, including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel, bonbons and even vegan chocolate.
Secure a Mother’s Day assortment box here featuring three options– 6-piece, 12-piece or 24-piece. Both gift boxes and bonbon assortments will be available for pick-up beginning May 9th.
Honeycreeper also shares a storefront with basic. boutique. While you’re picking up your chocolates, pick out a gorgeous sweater, shoes or handbag, check out the under-$50 gift guide on their website or pick up a gift card.
5. Mothers Day Market at Ghost Train
If your mom loves to shop, this may be the perfect place to spend your Sunday. On Sunday, May 14, Ghost Train Brewing Company is having a Mother’s Day market from 1-5PM. Shop all handcrafted goods from tons of local vendors offering:
- weaving and crochet
- plants and terrariums
- baked goods and desserts
- + more
There will also be live music and pizza from Uncle G’s Pizza truck. Hosted and curated by Made Good Makers, you won’t want to miss this Sunday market.
6. Sojourn’s Fair Trade
Looking for the perfect gift to surprise your mom? Sojourn’s in Crestwood may be the answer to your prayers. This place is full of handcrafted, fair trade goods with a huge variety of items such as jewelry, home decor, candles and incense, teas and more.
They also have an assortment of Birmingham-themed items to remind you of home, like this Cahaba Lily Tea Light Screen for $21 or this Birmingham Skyline Suncatcher for $12. View their full catalog online or visit the store in Crestwood for more.
7. Golden Age Wine
When in doubt, wine is never a bad gift. This year, surprise your mom with a delicious wine from Golden Age Wine. No matter what your mom’s preference, Golden Age Wine has a huge selection from reds to whites to bubbles to natural wine and much more. During the month of May, you can get the May Under 100 Five-Pack, featuring five hand-selected wines for just over $80.
Want to enjoy the wine with some bread and charcuterie? Get her a gift card to use in the store.
Location: 2828 Culver Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
For a sweet treat, you can’t go wrong with Chocolatá. This year, they’re going all out with their Mother’s Day selection. Here’s a peek at what you can find:
- Mother’s Day BonBon Variety Set
- Locally-crafted Civil Stoneware Mugs
- Goddess Bark, Ecuador white chocolate infused with strawberries, topped with lavender, rose petals, pistachios, and blueberry sea salt
- Cosmic Cookies, a set of three house-made chocolate wafer cookies filled with different combinations of marshmallow filling covered in chocolate
Inspired by a nostalgic southern treat, cosmic cookies are an elevated version of the moon pie made especially for this Mother’s Day. Flavor options are lemon marshmallow covered in white chocolate, strawberry marshmallow covered in milk chocolate and mint marshmallow covered in dark chocolate. Get them at the store starting May 11 or pre-order now to secure yours.