Listen up, foodies! It’s time to eat great while supporting local because Taste of Trussville is back on Thursday, May 11. This year, for the first time, it’s serving as the kickoff event for Trussville Restaurant Week. Read on for participating restaurants, special deals and more ahead at this flavorful event. Tickets are selling fast—buy yours now.
- What: Taste of Trussville presented by TURNERBATSON
- When: Thursday, May 11 | 5:30-8PM
- Where: Trussville Civic Center, 5381 Trussville Clay Rd, Trussville, AL 35173
- Cost: $25
- Tickets: Limited tickets are available—purchase online or at Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce, Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM
IMPORTANT: Make sure to save your ticket confirmation (printed or digital)—you’ll need it to gain entry to the event.
What to expect at Taste of Trussville
This year marks the 14th annual Taste of Trussville and it’s cooking up to be an evening to remember. During this must-attend event you’ll:
- Indulge in tasty food + delectable dessert from 20 local restaurants + bakeries serving samples of their signature dishes. (View participating restaurants below!)
- Enjoy live music from guitarist Cashmere Williams.
- Visit the cash bar for beer + wine.
- Vote for your Crowd Favorite vendor.
Event proceeds benefit the Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce scholarship fund, community events and other chamber activities throughout the year, so your attendance plays an important role in making cool things happen in the City of Trussville.
We couldn’t let you know about a community foodie event like Taste of Trussville without filling you in on the list of participating restaurants. Here are some of the local eateries who will be dishing out scrumptious samples during the event:
- Ferus Artisan Ales
- Fox’s Pizza Den
- Hero Doughnuts and Buns
- Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q
- Milo’s Hamburgers
- Mr. West’s Asian Kitchen
- Pastry Art Bake Shoppe
- Pinchgut Pies
- Rodney Scott’s Whole Hog BBQ
- Tazikis Mediterranean Café
- The Three Earred Rabbit
- Trussville To Go
- Trussville Social
Want to see the full list of restaurants participating in Taste of Trussville? View it here.
Ready to attend Taste of Trussville on Thursday, May 11? Grab your tickets now—and be quick, they sell out fast!
New this year
This year, for the very first time, Taste of Trussville serves as the kickoff event for Trussville Restaurant Week (TRW) presented by Trussville To Go, which runs Friday, May 12-Sunday, May 28.
TRW began back in July 2020 as a way to support local eateries during the COVID-19 pandemic, and has become an annual event for the City of Trussville. The 16-day event is a time where you can dine out or grab your meal to go from one of Trussville’s tasty restaurants—many of which will be offering fantastic specials. Not only will you get yummy food and drinks, you’ll also be supporting a local biz at the same time.
Here are just some of the businesses participating during TRW:
- City Bowls
- Cookie Dough Magic
- Full Moon Bar-Que
- Golden Rule BBQ/Kemp’s Kitchen
- Half Shell Oyster House
- Happy Wok Asian Cuisine
- La Calle Tacos
- Red Bird’s Deli
- Sherry’s Café
- Taco Mama
- Thai Basil & Sushi
Restaurant Bingo’s back!
TRW offers something other restaurant weeks don’t—a Restaurant Bingo game that goes along with the event. Here’s how it works:
- Attend Taste of Trussville on Thursday, May 11 + receive a special Bingo card filled with participating restaurants. (Psst! Be sure to flip your card over to discover special restaurant discounts and deals.)
- Purchase meals from restaurants listed on your Bingo card and receive a special stamp from each.
- Get a row full of stamps and you’ll be entered into a drawing for fab door prizes.
“Everybody has the best time playing the game, and on top of everything else we set out to do with Restaurant Week, it creates a fun family activity and promotes togetherness in the bargain.”June Mathews, Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce
Ready to attend Taste of Trussville on Thursday, May 11 from 5:30-8PM? Grab your family, friends and, of course, your tickets, for an evening of food, fun and entertainment.