The last Mercedes-Benz Marathon is this weekend with races on Saturday, February 11-Sunday, February 12. We’ve got all the deets including road closures, maps, where to watch and how it’s not too late to sign up.
If you are planning on driving around Downtown Birmingham on Sunday, February 12, you may want to reconsider. From 7AM-1PM roads coinciding with the race courses will be closed to ensure the safety of participating runners.
Check the maps below to see the exact routes for the races, but some streets include:
- 1st Avenue South
- 2nd Avenue South
- 10th Avenue North
- 16th Street North
- 20th Street North
- Clairmont Avenue South
- Highland Avenue South
- Park Place
- Reverend Abraham Woods Jr Boulevard
- Richard Arrington Boulevard North
Below are the maps of Mercedes-Benz Marathon races taking place this weekend. For an interactive map, click here.
Where to watch
Want to cheer on the runners from the sidelines? Here are the top spots for spectators to watch according the Mercedes Marathon:
- Civil Rights Institute: 520 16th Street North
- McWane Center: 200 19th Street North
- Regions Field: 1401 1st Avenue South
- Railroad Park: 1600 1st Avenue South
- University of Alabama, Birmingham Arena: 617 13th Street South
- Western Supermarket: 2230 Highland Avenue
- South Highland Presbyterian Church: 2035 Highland Avenue
- Caldwell Park: 2500 Highland Avenue
- Rushton Park: 3000 Highland Avenue
- Avondale Park: 4101 5th Avenue South
- Avondale Brewery: 201 41st Street South
- Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q: 1908 11th Avenue South
- Final stretch: 1st Avenue South
Still time to register
Wish you were part of the race? You can still sign up! Register for the 5K, half marathon, marathon and relay here.
- Regions SuperHero 5K: Saturday, February 11, 8-9:30AM
- Mercedes Marathon (26.2 miles): Sunday, February 12, 7AM-1PM
- Mercedes Half Marathon (13.1 miles): Sunday, February 12, 7-11AM
- Mercedes Marathon 5 Person Adult Relay: Sunday, February 12, 7AM-1PM
- Mercedes Marathon 5 Person Middle/High School Relay: Sunday, February 12, 7AM-1PM
For the latest, buzziest news, sign up for our FREE newsletter and follow us on Instagram + Facebook.