The long awaited day has finally come! Social Taco—sister restaurant to Homewood favorites SoHo Social and SoHo Standard—is officially open for business.
Social Taco is now open
After over a year of planning, construction and preparation, Social Taco is finally opening its doors.
Brought to you by the brains behind SoHo Social and SoHo Standard, Social Taco is a brand-new restaurant with a menu of fresh and delicious Mexican eats.
- Location: 1831 28th Ave S 175 N, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11 AM–10 PM | Sunday, 11AM-9PM
- Website | Instagram | Facebook | Menu
According to the restaurant’s opening announcement, here’s what you can expect:
Vibrant, fresh ingredients, more traditional style tacos, and a few unique items. The Tablitas appetizer of grilled short ribs is not something most folks will readily recognize. Same for the Tlayudas, a staple of Qaxacan street food, and probably best described as a ‘Mexican pizza.’
Following in the footsteps of Soho Social, we’ll also have a $1 beer all the time, along with an evolving selection of tequilas and mezcals. Expect a fun, laid back atmosphere with friendly, casual service. We look forward to hearing more feedback from folks and making adjustments based on that.David Horn, Owner, Social Taco
What we have our eyes on 👀
As usual, I’ve given the menu a deep dive and rounded up a few items I know I’ll be trying:
- Pollo tlayudas (Mexican pizza): fire roasted chicken with avocado, pico, queso fresco
- Tuna ceviche: diced tuna and fresh pico tossed in passionfruit vinaigrette with chips
- Carne asada: mesquite grilled flank steak, sliced and served with charred tomatoes, grilled spring onion, avocado, radish, grilled corn tortillas
- Churros: fresh fried churros with soft serve ice cream
For more news and around Birmingham, follow Bham Now on Facebook + Instagram and sign up for our FREE newsletter.