Whether you’re a seafood fanatic or craving Southern classics, we’ve got exciting news to share. Half Shell Oyster House is bringing back some of your favorite menu items, along with delicious new dishes to try. Scroll on to unveil what’s making a comeback. Fair warning, these photos are guaranteed to make you hungry.
1. Bacon and Pecan Crusted Redfish
We’re kicking things off on a high note with this award-winning dish and favorite among Half Shell management and employees. It’s easy to taste why. The creamy, citrusy sauce on top compliments the fresh redfish so well, and the pecan breading offers the perfect touch of sweetness. Don’t forget to squeeze some extra lemon juice on top!
- Dish details: Redfish seasoned and coated in a bacon and pecan breading. Topped with citrus beurre blanc and chopped bacon.
2. Big Easy Surf and Turf
Juicy, cooked-to-perfection steak and all the crab you could ever want—this dish is truly what dreams are made of. I can be pretty picky about how my steaks are cooked, but this dish came out a tender medium-rare, and as a crab lover, I couldn’t get enough of the crispy crab cake and lump crabmeat on top. Your fork will barely have enough room to squeeze in the perfect bite.
- Dish details: USDA Choice 7oz. filet served over a fried hand-crafted crab cake, garnished with balsamic glaze. Topped with Bearnaise sauce, lump crabmeat and Parmesan cheese.
3. Seafood Pot Pie
You may not be able to tell what lies beneath this buttery, golden crust from the photo, but trust me, this is exactly the kind of soul-satisfying meal you need in your life.
- Dish details: Gulf shrimp, crawfish, crabmeat, corn, peas and carrots in a traditional pot pie filling topped with a golden buttermilk crust.
4. Boudin Balls
This classic cajun dish is a newcomer to the menu and each bite is bursting with NOLA flavor. In case you’re unfamiliar, Boudin is a traditional cajun sausage and rice blend that packs a flavorful punch. If you’re a big fan of hushpuppies, you’ll be in love with this appetizer.
- Dish details: A Cajun classic spicy sausage and rice blend, coated in panko bread crumbs and fried crispy. Served with homemade Dijon horseradish.
5. Seafood Stuffed Portabellas
Trust me, even if mushrooms usually make you turn up your nose, these are worth every bite. It feels like eating an elevated crab cake! With light and refreshing lemon aioli, you’ll want to put it on everything.
- Dish details: Grilled portabella mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, Gulf shrimp, minced chipotle peppers, roasted red peppers and spinach. Garnished with lemon aioli and Parmesan cheese.
BONUS: Delicious side dishes
Calling it a “side dish” doesn’t do this food justice—these delicious bites almost stole the show on my plate.
I don’t typically like sweet potatoes, but I was blown away by how much I LOVED the Sweet Potato Creme Brulee with Honey Butter. It was deliciously caramelized and the honey butter would make Paula Deen proud.
The loaded mashed potatoes had every topping you could want, I couldn’t put my fork down once I started digging in. I highly recommend adding these to your meal.
Visit Half Shell Oyster House today!
- Trussville: 218 Main St, Trussville, AL 35173 | Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
- Lakeview: 616 29th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233 | Sunday-Thursday 4-10PM, Friday-Saturday 4-11PM
- Pelham: 2408 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124 | Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM