Anyone else love to take a trip during the holidays? There’s no better place to go and celebrate the joy of the season than Tupelo, Mississippi. Keep reading for five reasons to take a trip to Tupelo this season + celebrate the holidays in style.
1. Tupelo has the best places to stay
I don’t know about y’all, but where I stay is one of my top priorities when planning a trip. Tupelo has over 2,000 hotel rooms offering a restful night’s sleep after a day full of fun around town.
- Hotel Tupelo, the city’s newest boutique hotel, has a restaurant and bar on-site, and is walkable to Downtown Tupelo.
- Two new hotels, Home2Suites and TRU by Hilton, are near the Barnes Crossing District, offering access to the city’s largest shopping area.
- See all of Tupelo’s lodging options
2. There’s so much to do
Tupelo is a hot spot for all of your holiday shopping needs. There are multiple shopping districts, antique markets and boutiques for every taste.
Need a break from shopping? Here’s what else the charming town has to offer:
- The Elvis Presley Birthplace offers visitors a chance to walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock ‘N’ Roll by touring the home where he was born and a museum that chronicles his life.
- The Natchez Trace Parkway includes a visitor center, hiking trails and much more.
- The Tupelo Buffalo Park is home to over 260 animals and includes a drive through experience where visitors can get up close and personal with the park’s exotic residents.
- More fun things to do in Tupelo
3. There are incredible live music venues all over town
No visit to the Birthplace of Elvis Presley is complete without hearing some great live music. Tupelo is home to 11 live music venues where various musical genres are played nearly every day of the week.
Check out the live music calendar and plan your holiday getaway with live music in mind.
4. The food, obviously
So, I said where I stay is important when planning a trip, but the food takes top priority. Tupelo is home to over 200 restaurants serving up the tastes of the season.
From brunch spots and local coffee shops to ethnic eateries and elegant cuisine, Tupelo’s food scene is top tier. The city’s restaurants know how to party too—find seasonal craft cocktails, menu specials and more at restaurants all over town.
Need recs? Here’s where to eat and drink in Tupelo.
5. There’s a New Year’s Eve Party
With so much to celebrate in 2023, what better way to kick off the year than Tupelo’s New Year’s Eve Party?
- What: live music from a diverse lineup of bands, fireworks, a countdown to midnight + more
- When: December 31 | 6PM
- Where: Downtown Tupelo, 108 S Broadway St, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Details here
Ready to head to Mississippi? Visit Tupelo’s website to create your custom itinerary or explore the curated itineraries ready to help you plan your trip.