Up for a quick road trip? There’s no place like Huntsville for the holidays.
If you’re looking to get the full Huntsville holiday experience, you’ll want to know about the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau Holiday Magic Pass, AKA your passport for great deals on all the experiences locals love.
What is the Holiday Magic Pass?
The Holiday Magic Pass is the best way to ensure you and your family get the greatest deals available. Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Get your FREE pass at this link.
- Step 2: Receive a text with your digital passport. It’s ready for use as soon as you receive it.
- Step 3: Redeem your pass by showing it to staff at your chosen attraction.
Here’s a sneak peek at the deals available this season:
1. Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater + Academy
A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite Christmastime stories to revisit, and you’ve got one more chance to see Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater + Academy’s adaptation of the classic novel and play.
- Featured deal: $2 off your ticket to A Christmas Carol
- Showtimes: Friday, Dec. 9, 7PM; Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 10-11, 1PM + 6PM
2. Harrison Brothers Hardware
Harrison Brothers Hardware is a one-stop gift shop and Huntsville history museum where you can find unique gifts, art from local creatives and more. Head over to grab a gift or simply browse through the store and take in the classic holiday window display.
- Featured deals: 10% off merchandise; 10% off one item
- Address: 124 Southside Square, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10AM-5PM
3. Huntsville Museum of Art
Skating in the Park, hosted by the Huntsville Museum of Art, is one of Huntsville’s most treasured holiday traditions. Through Jan. 8, Big Spring Park behind the museum is transformed into an outdoor ice rink where you can skate the night away.
- Featured deal: $2 off admission for Skating in the Park
- Address: 300 Church St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 12-8PM; Monday-Thursday 4-9PM; Friday 4-10PM; Saturday 10AM-10PM | Winter break hours vary
4. Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
The Huntsville Symphony Orchestra is a nonprofit that offers far more than entertaining concerts—it also provides education and community outreach in and around Huntsville year-round. This season’s programming features everything from the music of Queen to selections from Mozart.
- Featured deal: 20% off classical concert tickets
- 2022-2023 season schedule
5. The Orion Amphitheater
The Orion Amphitheater has been open in Huntsville for less than a year, but it’s already made a massive impact on the music scene in Huntsville and beyond. Through Jan. 29, they’re hosting an outdoor attraction called Winter Park, featuring food, ice skating, live music, a Bavarian-style Christmas market and more.
- Featured deal: Buy one hot chocolate, get one free
- Address: 701 Amphitheater Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Winter Park hours: Sunday 11AM-9PM; Monday-Thursday 4-9PM; Friday 4-11PM; Saturday 11AM-9PM | Holiday hours
- Christkindlmarket | Last Minute Holiday Market
6. U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum
History buffs will have a heyday in the U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum in Huntsville, which features memorabilia from as far back as the American Revolutionary War. You’ll also see the oldest surviving jeep: the Ford Pygmy.
- Featured deal: 20% off admission
- Address: 2060 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 10AM-4PM
BONUS: Share the love with #iHeartHSV
Make sure you’re following @VisitHuntsvilleAl on Instagram so you can be the first to hear about #iHeartHSV month, the biggest Huntsville love-fest on the internet! Two weeks of exclusive giveaways are coming soon, and you don’t want to miss them.
Ready to make the trip up I-65? The Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau will be your guide to holiday fun all season long (and beyond).