Stadium Talk, a San Francisco-based website for every kind of sports fan, recently ranked Birmingham’s Region Field among its list of “Best Minor League Baseball Parks” across America. Keep reading to learn why they loved Regions Field + which other baseball parks made the list.
Best Minor League Baseball Parks | Stadium Talk
Written by Stadium Talk author Craig Lazzeretti, the article “Best Minor League Baseball Parks” pays tribute to the smaller, more affordable baseball venues across America. While Major League Baseball stadiums like Dodger Stadium, Fenway Park and Wrigley Field are household names, these smaller minor league parks are usually more accessible to fans.
Here’s what author Craig Lazzeretti wrote about Regions Field:
“Less than six years old, Regions Field is among the newest parks in the minors, but it was designed to reflect the town’s industrial past by incorporating brick and steel into its facade.
It also is among the most family-friendly parks in the minors, featuring a Youth Sports Zone housing a mini Wiffle ball field, a family fun park and batting cages.
The ‘Switchyard on 14th,’ opened in 2017, offers food, beverage and outdoor game space. For adults, “The Barstream” includes 20 draft beers on tap and a full bar selection.”Craig Lazzeretti, Stadium Talk
In addition to Regions Field, Stadium Talk’s list of Best Minor League Baseball Parks included:
- First Tennessee Park — Nashville, Tennessee
- Lake Elsinore Diamond — Lake Elsinore, California
- Blue Wahoos Stadium — Pensacola, Florida
- ONEOK Field — Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Victory Field — Indianapolis, Indiana
- MGM Park — Biloxi, Mississippii
- Smokies Stadium — Kodak, Tennessee
- Parkview Field — Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Dunkin’ Donuts Park — Hartford, Connecticut
- Southwest University Park — El Paso, Texas
- Nat Bailey Stadium — Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Huntington Park — Columbus, Ohio
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark — Daytona Beach, Florida
- Sahlen Field — Buffalo, New York
- AutoZone Park — Memphis, Tennessee
- Modern Woodmen Park — Davenport, Iowa
- Raley Field — Sacramento, California
- Louisville Slugger Field — Louisville, Kentucky
- FirstEnergy Stadium — Reading, Pennsylvania
- Fifth Third Field — Toledo, Ohio
- Ogren Park at Allegiance Field — Missoula, Montana
- Whataburger Field — Corpus Christi, Texas
- MCU Park — Brooklyn, New York
- Durham Bulls Athletic Park — Durham, North Carolina
- TicketReturn.com Field — Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Richmond County Bank Ballpark — Staten Island, New York
- McCormick Field — Asheville, North Carolina
- BB&T Ballpark — Charlotte, North Carolina
- Riders Field (Formerly Known as Dr Pepper Park) — Frisco, Texas
Do you agree with Stadium Talk’s list of Best Minor League Baseball Parks? What’s your favorite part of Regions Field? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!