Highway 280 welcomes Guthrie’s
According to the Birmingham Business Journal (BBJ), Guthrie’s, an Alabama-founded chicken joint, is opening a new location in the former Zaxby’s space on Highway 280. The space is located at 4629 U.S. 280 in Birmingham and is currently undergoing construction with Mountain Brook’s Paragon Development Group LLC to prepare the structure for Guthrie’s to move in.
The BBJ says that The Retail Companies, a Birmingham-based real estate company, facilitated a lease deal on behalf of the landlord, which was signed and executed at the beginning of 2022. Bill Clements of The Retail Com. stated how pleased they were to engage with Guthrie’s and get them into the space.
According to Clements, a full spectrum of prospective tenants showed interest in the property, including barbecue, Asian and Mediterranean cuisines and medical, coffee and thrift retailers.
An opening date has not been announced yet.
“Alexa, order Guthrie’s”
Guthrie’s is a fast, casual franchised restaurant chain headquartered in Auburn that specializes in chicken fingers and sandwiches—it’s delicious in my opinion. According to Guthrie’s website, it was established in Auburn in 1982 and is considered to be the pioneer of fried chicken finger-only restaurants.
The menu is simple with some of the freshest and high-quality items that include:
- Gut Box – Golden fried chicken fingers, crispy fries, cole slaw, Texas toast, Guthrie’s signature sauce
- Snack box – Three chicken fingers, fries and signature sauce
- Family Meal – 25 chicken fingers, 4 fries, 4 Texas toasts, 4 cole slaws, and 6 signature sauces
Want more updates on what’s coming to 280?
We’ve got you covered:
- New home communities approved for Bluff Park, Blackridge and 280
- A NEW family-owned Italian restaurant will bring Italy to 280
- Now the News: Otey’s Tavern coming to Edgewood, The Pizitz Building up for sale, openings + more