Whew, it’s hot out there. While it may be tempting to crank up the AC and stay at home, it’s time to celebrate the end of the summer in Mobile. We already planned your weekend of fun indoor experiences and places to eat and stay in the city. Check out Visit Mobile and pack your bags.
1. Saturday breakfast—Mo’Bay Beignet Co.
It’s time to start the day off right and satisfy your sweet tooth with beignets, of course! Also, try out one of their tasty frappes or iced coffees to stay on the cooler side.
2. Saturday morning—museums galore
- Condé Charlotte Museum
- Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center
- GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
- History Museum of Mobile
- Mobile Carnival Museum
- Mobile Museum of Art
- USS Alabama Battleship
3. Saturday lunch—The Cheese Cottage
With yummy dishes like the pimento and gouda bacon jam sandwich, there’s no better place to stop for lunch than The Cheese Cottage. It’s one of the cutest and tastiest places for a lunch break on the cool, covered patio with fans. Be sure to enjoy a glass of sweet tea.
4. Saturday afternoon—local shopping
If you’re looking to shop until you drop, downtown is the place to be. Enjoy spending time indoors and finding some of the best treats, books and local goods from these shops:
- A & M Peanut Shop
- BackFlash Antiques
- The Haunted Book Shop
- Three Georges Fine Southern Chocolates
- Urban Emporium
5. Saturday dinner—El Papi
You know we love queso, tacos and margaritas with all our hearts. El Papi is the spot to fill up on all of your Mexican favorites after a long day of exploring the city.
- Location: 615 Dauphin Street, Mobile, AL 36602
- Saturday Hours: 11AM-10PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
6. Saturday evening—Cammie’s Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe
Obviously, ice cream is the best way to cool off in the summer—Cammie’s Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe is a must-try. This old-timey spot with creative and classic flavors is the best way to chill out after a long day.
- Location: 2511 Old Shell Rd, Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday Noon-9PM | Sunday 1-9PM
- Website | Facebook
7. Saturday night—local bands + concerts
Put on your dancing shoes, play some music in the car to hype you up and head to a local spot with live music or one of the many concerts happening in town. Before you come to town, be sure to check out the schedule of big bands and local talent playing in the area.
8. Sunday morning coffee—Nova Espresso
Before you get ready to head back home, a caffeine fix is a must. With some of the best iced coffee and espresso drinks in town, we know this is the perfect place that will wake you up and keep you cool. The coffee shop is also cute as cute can be, so get some final photos while you’re here.
9. Where should you stay?
We’re covering all your bases for your weekend trip. Be sure to check out Visit Mobile to explore all different kinds of hotels, including boutique, pet-friendly and luxury hotels. Here are some amazing places in the city to catch some Zs: