The World Games 2022 is in full swing, bringing world-class athletes and their fans from all around the globe to The Magic City—and that’s not all! The World Games 2022 Plaza—located at the brand-new CityWalk BHAM—is the one-stop-shop where guests can find food, fun, entertainment and more.
Keep reading to learn more about the All of Us Research Program‘s activation space at The World Games 2022 Plaza + how they can help you learn more about your health!
All of Us aims to learn more about the factors that affect health and disease
Spearheaded by the National Institutes of Health, All of Us is a national research program that seeks to build a massive, diverse dataset of participants from all backgrounds to learn more about the factors that affect health and disease. But just how massive are we talking? The goal is to enroll 1,000,000 or more volunteers!
Once All of Us has enough participants, researchers will use the data to learn how biology, lifestyle and environment affect health. The best part? That data may help find new ways to treat and prevent disease.
As of July 2022, more than 707,000 people have registered with All of Us by creating online accounts at JoinAllofUs.org! The All of Us program is intentional about identifying participants in communities that have been underrepresented in biomedical research, including:
- Ethnic and racial minorities
- People living in rural communities
- People living with disabilities
- Individuals who identify as LGBTQ+
- People with lower income
- Older adults
By studying the data from communities that have been underrepresented in the past, All of Us researchers hope to discover which treatments work best for different types of peoples.
Click here to learn more about the All of Us Research Program.
Learn More About All of Us at The World Games 2022
The All of Us activation space at The World Games 2022 Plaza is meant to be both fun and educational. Inside, visitors will find a large display wall with information about All of Us, its mission, partner organizations like the University of Alabama at Birmingham and much more.
In addition, the All of Us activation space includes:
- A 360° PhotoBooth
- All of Us-themed cornhole sets
- A paint wall for people to share their finger or hand print
- A charging station for phones and other mobile devices
- A spinning wheel with prizes such as stress balls, handheld fans, water bottles and All of Us mugs
- A kid’s activity table with coloring pages
Find All of Us at The World Games Plaza
At the activation space, All of Us staff can help walk you through the participation process. Participation in All of Us is simple and can be done in six simple steps on the All of Us Research Program website:
- Create an account
- Give your consent
- Agree to share your electronic health records
- Complete the Consent to Get DNA Results
- Answer health surveys
- Have your measurements taken (height, weight, blood pressure, etc.) and give blood and urine samples, if asked
Steps one through five can be done ahead of time online, via the free All of Us app or in-person at a participating clinic or mobile location.
- Location: The World Games 2022 Plaza
- Hours: 5PM to 9PM, July 7 — July 17
Learn more about the All of Us Research Program at The World Games 2022 Plaza or by visiting their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube.