Love Vulcan Park and Museum and want it and the ‘Big Guy’ that stands proudly above Birmingham to be around for years to come? Then register now for the free STAND WITH VULCAN car tag! Read on to find out why your participation matters, how to claim your tag and more. (Psst! You’ll also get an inside scoop on Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash coming up on June 5!)
Why a car tag?
There’s no question the STAND WITH VULCAN car tag is a fun way to jazz up your ride, but it’s much more than that. It’s also an amazing way to support Vulcan Park & Museum’s mission to:
- Preserve and promote Vulcan as the symbol for the Birmingham region
- Advance knowledge and understanding of Birmingham’s history and culture
- Encourage exploration of the region
Plus, if you love Birmingham Walking Tours, the awe-inspiring statues of Vulcan Parade represented around the city or enjoy Vulcan Park & Museum’s beauty and accessibility, these are all reasons to register now for the STAND WITH VULCAN car tag. Doing so will ensure these special things continue for years to come.
But it can’t happen without you! For the state of Alabama to produce the specialty tag, a minimum requirement of 1,000 commitments must be met. Register by June 30 and be one of the lucky 1,000 to score a free tag! (Regular motor vehicle registration taxes and fees still apply, of course.)
“We are extremely excited to now offer our specialty car tag for free. Although we are sponsoring the first year, the funding we will receive from supporters purchasing tags for years to come will help us not only ensure that Vulcan continues to stand for all of Birmingham, but also that we can continue providing educational programs and cherished memories for many years to come.”Amanda Hare, Marketing & Public Relations Manager, Vulcan Park Foundation
What happens when the STAND WITH VULCAN car tag receives 1,000 commitments? The tag will be available for purchase for $50 at any Alabama Department of Motor Vehicles office. Of the total cost, $41.25 will benefit Vulcan Park Foundation.
The celebration continues with Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash
Committing to the STAND WITH VULCAN car tag is just one way to show your love for the ‘Big Guy’. You can also attend Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash on Sunday, June 5. Yep, Vulcan’s turning another year mightier and his bday party will be one for the record books!
PLUS, it’s another opportunity to register for the Stand With Vulcan specialty license plate, so sign up while you’re there.
Here’s a peek at what’s in store at this special shindig:
- Food and refreshments available for purchase from Lemonade Junkeez, Sweet Spun, The Recipe, Who Dat Snoballs + Coca-Cola
- Free Blue Bell ice cream + cookies by Piggly Wiggly Birmingham (while supplies last)
- Beer, wine + two specialty cocktails will be available for purchase for adults 21+
- 15+ vendors with activities like moonwalks, a rock-climbing wall, animal encounters, face painting + glitter tattoos
- Appearances from Mirabel, Captain American + Vulcan himself via the ever-popular trackless train
- Performances by Clog Wild Cloggers, Mason Music + more
- Special guests including Miss Alabama, Lauren Bradford + Miss Alabama’s Outstanding Teen, Hailey Adams
The World Games 2022 will also join in the festivities, and the first 500 kids to enter Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash will receive a special Vulcan favor swag bag
What: Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash presented by Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Where: Vulcan Park & Museum, 1701 Valley View Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209
When: Sunday, June 5 | 1-5PM
Cost: Adults, $8 | Kids 5-12, $6 | Kids under 4, Free
Bonus: Admission includes all activities and access to Vulcan Museum, Vulcan’s observation tower and the new Linn-Henley Gallery exhibit, Birmingham Bottling: Soft Drinks in The Magic City.
*On-site parking is limited, so consider hopping aboard a FREE shuttle available at Jefferson County Board of Education’s parking lot across Valley Avenue..
*Masks and social distancing are encouraged for those who are unvaccinated.
Vulcan’s 118th Birthday Bash is presented by Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling with additional support from Stone Building Company, Piggly Wiggly Birmingham, Game Stop and CBS 42.