What if you could have the modern conveniences and styles of today with an “everybody knows your name” simplicity of days past? Sounds dreamy. The great news—it doesn’t just exist inside the TV in Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. You can find it in Mt Laurel, one of the most sought-after communities in the Greater Birmingham Area. Here are five reasons so many choose to make this town their home. Know you want to make Mt Laurel your new home? Reach out to Caliber Home Loans and make it happen.
1. The homes are inspired by beauty and nature
Aren’t a fan of the hustle and bustle of living in a city? Then Mt Laurel may be your ideal place to live. With tree-lined streets, broad sidewalks and an abundance of green spaces, the Mt Laurel community is a charming and quaint town that’s perfect for families or those who enjoy a relaxed lifestyle with all the conveniences.
What kind of homes will you find in the area? According to Pam Grant, Realtor at RE/MAX Southern Homes, in Mt Laurel you will find larger craftsman style homes with an emphasis on outdoor living spaces. But, there’s so much more for homeowners to enjoy.
“There are so many amenities! You can take a swim in the pool or the lake, kayak, enjoy the beach, hike the trails, fly kites, play pickle ball, pick fresh vegetables or take a stroll through the neighborhood to see friends and enjoy the nature that abounds you. You can go shop with various merchants, dine at multiple restaurants, exercise at the local gym and then head to SoCal Nutrition for a shake or energy tea.”Pam Grant, Realtor, RE/MAX Southern Homes
2. It has all the essentials + more
When you’re deciding where to live, it’s important to pick a place that’s close to necessities like grocery stores and pharmacies. This is another great thing about living in Mt Laurel—wherever you live, you’ll be a quick walk or drive from everything you need. Here are some of those important places to have nearby:
- Mt Laurel Grocery: 19 Mt Laurel Ave, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Village Drug Co: 300 Carlow Ln #116, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Mt Laurel Public Library: 111 Olmsted St, Birmingham, AL 35242
3. The restaurants are delicious
We all know the food scene across the Greater Birmingham Area is one of the best, and Mt Laurel’s restaurants are high on the list. From coffee shops to pizza dives, here are five to put on your must-visit list:
- Area 41 Pizza Co: 30 Manning Pl, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Jimbo’s Soda Fountain: 7 Mt Laurel Ave, Birmingham, AL 35242
- La Paz: 3 Mt Laurel Ave, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Oak House: 300 Carlow Ln Suite 114, Birmingham, AL 35242
- O’Henry’s Coffee: 300 Carlow Ln suite 111, Birmingham, AL, 35242
- The Red Shamrock Pub: 30 Manning Pl, Birmingham, AL 35242
4. The shopping is unique
One of my favorite things about Mt Laurel is its many unique shops. Here are a few to know about:
- Blissful Boutique: 11 Mt Laurel Ave, Birmingham, AL 35242
- HaMi Boutique: 300 Carlow Ln Suite 101, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Bella Couture: 104 Croft St, Birmingham, AL 35242
What goes great with shopping? Pampering! Visit Nail Boutique and Spa at 300 Carlow Lane, #102, Birmingham, Alabama 35242 for a boost and Lucky Dog Grooming & Boutique for all your pups needs at 33 Olmsted St, Birmingham, AL 35242.
5. Secret gems are abundant
Every town has its secret gems that make it special and Mt Laurel has no shortage of them.
“Mt Laurel is filled with so many secret gems that many won’t discover unless they live there. Some include a neighborhood garden, extensive hiking trails, pickle ball courts, fabulous neighbors and porch gatherings.”Pam Grant, Realtor, RE/MAX Southern Homes
Curious where the hiking trails and other outdoor activities are located? Here’s where to find them:
- Dunnavant Valley Greenway: 1150-1152 Dunnavant Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Olmsted Park & Playground: Olmsted St. Birmingham, AL 35242
- Spoonwood Mountain Lake: Mt Laurel Ave, Birmingham, AL 35242