Is the weekend is over and you forgot to buy groceries? Maybe you don’t have enough time to cook? We gathered some of the best restaurants open on Monday in Birmingham.
Uptown places to go
The Southern Kitchen and Bar
Want a restaurant open on Monday with a rustic vibe and live music? Then The Southern Kitchen and Bar is where you should be. While you’re there, order the fried green tomatoes. The red sauce is heavenly!
- Location: 2301 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. Suite 300, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Monday Hours: 11AM-10PM
- Facebook | Menu
Craving a taco? Well, every day is Taco Tuesday at Uptown Cantina. You can get your taco a day early, cause this restaurant is open on Monday.
- Location: 301 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N Unit 200, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Monday Hours: 11AM-10PM
- Instagram | Menu
Need a laid-back restaurant open on Monday? Then stop by the Mugshots to have a good time and their signature sweet bun.
- Location: 2311 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N #100, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Monday Hours: 11AM-10PM
Cayo Coco Rum Bar & Restaurante
Wanting a slice of Cuban cuisine for the start of your week? Well, Cayo Coco is open for business.
Are you surprised Yo Mama’s is open on Monday? Grab a bite of Southern comfort food to wake you up on a sleepy Monday.
One of many downtown Birmingham’s faves restaurants open on Monday. Dig in!
Harvest Restaurant and Bar
Spice up your Monday night at Redmount Hotel’s Italian-leaning cuisine. Best part? Harvest offers farm-to-table Italian-inspired cuisine.
- Location: 2101 5th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Monday Hours: 4-10PM
We’re thankful that Fife is one of the restaurants open on Monday. Serve up a plate of your fave Southern comfort foods.
PRO TIP: They have 6 oz. Chop Steak on the Monday menu.
- Location: 2321 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Monday Hours: 6AM-6:30PM
Bamboo on 2nd
This is the best place downtown that serves ramen and nostalgia. Sip on flavorful dishes while watching your fave Japanese films like Godzilla—the 1985 version of course.
Five Points Restaurants
Our Five Points fave—Bay Leaf—is open on Mondays. Now go grab a chai and samosa.
- Location: 3120 Clairmont Ave, Birmingha1024 20th St S Unit 101, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Monday Hours: 11AM-2:30PM | 5-9:30PM
- Website | Menu
Places to be in Five Points
- From 10AM-3PM, Five Points Hot Dogs is open, so you can grab a quick lunch.
- Need a late night pizza? Little Italy’s Pizza & Pints is open till 1AM. Menu.
Restaurants in Lakeview
Bogue’s, the beloved and retro restaurant for Southern staples is open on Monday. Bring your work crew for their Monday lunch specials.
Birmingham has some of the best spots for chicken and Hattie B’s is no exception. Worried about spice? They have heat levels from Southern (not hot) to Shut the Cluck Up hot. there’s a spice level for everybody.
Blueroot on 3rd
Blueroot is serving up nutritious and delicious meals for Birmingham. Luckily, they’re one of the restaurants open on Monday. Go mix up your palette.
Half Shell Oyster House Birmingham
Want an upscale po-boy restaurant to visit on Monday? Half Shell Oyster House Birmingham is the place to go.
More in Lakeview
- Chill at Slice pizzeria, they’re open from 11AM-9PM. Menu.
- Take a flavor trip to NOLA at The Rougaroux. Menu.
- Jack Brown Beer & Burger Joint is open for your Monday night burger-blues. Menu.
- Located in Pepper Place, Blueprint on 3rd is open from 4:30-9PM. Menu.
Restaurants open on Monday: Avondale Edition
Rodney Scott’s BBQ
There’s no place like Rodney Scott’s. It’s THE place in Bham for BBQ.
HEY FOODIES: Rodney Scott’s was declared one of the most important restaurants of the decade.
Post Office Pies
This one is a Birmingham classic! Although many other Avondale restaurants are closed Monday, you can get your fave savory pie on Monday.
Taco Morro Loco
In addition to their Avondale location, Taco Morro Loco has a food truck on Crestwood Blvd. Thankfully, they’re open on Monday.
So go grab some nachos and a Jarrito. PRO TIP: the lime Jarrito is where it’s at.
Homewood restaurants—we didn’t forget you
The One Poke
One of Birmingham’s most unique places to eat would have to be One Poke. Their entire menu is dedicated to poke bowls where you get to build your own from the base up.
PRO TIP: The salmon pairs nicely with spicy aioli.
Stop by Homewood Gourmet for their soup of the day—you won’t be let down. It’s all delicious.
Don’t sleep on Little Donkey’s freshly made tortillas. Their unique mix of Mexican and Southern food will have you coming back time and time again.
Mountain Brook folks, say here
It’s classy, elegant and open on Mondays. Visit Vino for a nice Monday night dinner date.
Brick & Tin
It’s the season for Monday night eating. Thankfully, Brick & Tin is open and has all your fave holiday dishes.
More restaurants open in Mountain Brook
- Open 11AM-9PM, visit Davenport’s Pizza Palace to satisfy your pizza munchies. Menu.
- For fine dining, grab a bite to eat at the cozy DG (AKA Daniel George) restaurant—dinner on Monday is 5:30-9PM. Menu.
- Get a contempory dish at Bricktop’s from 11AM-9PM. Menu.
- Hop over to Sol Y Luna Tapas and Tequila for a unique Mexican experience. They’re open 5-9PM. Menu.
In the Heights
Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint
We LOVE our BBQ here in the ‘Ham. Luckily, you can grab a bite at Martin’s on Monday
Grab a bite in Cahaba Heights on Mondays
- Try Troup’s pizza on Monday. They’re open 4-9PM. Menu.
- from 5-9PM, Abhi is open and get ready for Asian fusion plates. Menu.
- North Italia in Bham is now open, so stop by to try esquiste dishes. Menu.
To get more updates like these, sign up for Bham Now’s newsletter today.