It’s (almost) the most wonderful time of the year, and I for one am filling my calendar with fun weekend trips and holiday events. This year, Host of Christmas Past is at the top of my list (and trust me, I’ve checked it twice). Keep reading to find out why you can’t miss it. Then, make plans to drive a few hours to Fayetteville from Friday, November 12 to Saturday, November 13 for this can’t-miss event.
1. Host of Christmas Past is a beloved + magical holiday experience 🌟
Is there anything better than cozy holiday vibes? This year, start a new tradition with loved ones by heading to Host of Christmas Past. This magical weekend is full of fun activities, so whether you prefer caroling or taking photos with Santa, there’s something for you.
- What: The 29th annual Host of Christmas Past, a Christmas-themed street festival
- When: Friday, November 12, 5-8PM | Saturday, November 13, 9AM-7PM
- Where: Fayetteville Lincoln Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau | 208 Elk Avenue South, Fayetteville, TN 37334
- The festival is free, but a few events are ticketed
2. Fayetteville is a short drive from Birmingham 🚙
My friends and I love taking weekend road trips to explore the Southeast. Our favorite stops are always just a few hours away by car and full of charm—so Fayetteville, Tennessee definitely makes the list. After less than three hours on the road, you’ll find yourself in this inviting town.
3. You can enjoy amazing food + drinks 😋
During the weekend, you’ll be able to enjoy tons of delicious options from local Fayetteville restaurants. At Bham Now, we know how important it is to prioritize the local businesses that make up a community.
“The weekend of the Host of Christmas Past festival is the start of our retail holiday season. This yearly festival brings locals and visitors from all over to our wonderful downtown to enjoy the activities and start their holiday shopping. The live music and hot apple cider that we serve really gets everyone in the spirit of Christmas. It is definitely a tradition that our store supports and loves.”Jennifer Swindall, Owner, Carter’s Drug Store
4. It’s free! 🙌
Aside from a few ticketed events such as the kids’ zone fun bounce and horse-drawn carriage rides, you’ll be able to enjoy fun for the whole family for free. Stroll through the streets, support Fayetteville’s local shopping and dining options and of course, take advantage of holiday traditions like caroling and photos with Santa.
5. Host of Christmas Past is full of fun festivities for the whole family 🎄
There won’t be a dull moment while you’re in Fayetteville. Take a look at just a few of the activities that everyone in the family will love:
- Friday, November 12 festivities
- Host of Christmas Past Opening Ceremony
- Christmas Tree Lighting
- Christmas Carols
- Shopping & Dining
- Saturday, November 13 festivities
- Bella’s Snow Ball 5K
- Music & Dance Performances
- Candy Cane Hunt
- Santa’s Warrior Gift Shop
- Santa’s Reindeer
- Photos with Santa
- Kid’s Village featuring a fun bounce, cow train, horse-drawn carriage rides + more
From shopping and checking out local businesses on Friday to visiting Santa’s Reindeer and bringing kids to the exciting kid’s village, you’ll leave after the weekend with tons of new memories—and plans to make your next visit.
Ready to visit Fayetteville, Tennessee for Host of Christmas Past? Visit their website for all the info you’ll need.