March 6 is Electronics Drop-Off and Paper Shredding Day at The Birmingham Zoo. So load up your car and prepare to recycle! Find the details here.
- When: Saturday, March 6, 9-11:30AM
- Where: The Birmingham Zoo, 2630 Cahaba Rd, Birmingham, AL 35233
What to Donate
Before you try and recycle everything you can get your hands on, here’s the list of items being accepted:
- Cable boxes, modems, routers
- Cell phones + tablets
- Computers + laptops
- Cords, cables, wire, chargers
- Printers, scanners, fax machines (including ink and toner cartridges)
- Rechargeable batteries (rechargeable ONLY)
- Security equipment
- Small appliances (coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, microwaves, toasters, vacuums)
- Televisions + monitors (all types)
- Regular paper, paper folders (5 box limit)
Wondering about those computer hard drives? Protect Recycling will be at the event to scrub and shred your hard drive.
Have questions? Call the Jefferson County Stormwater Program at 205.325.8741.
These items will NOT be accepted:
- Binder clips
- “Bulldog” clips
- Wet paper
Collections will close when capacity is met.
Safety Precautions Will Be in Effect
The recycling event on Saturday, March 6 will be contact-free. When you arrive at The Birmingham Zoo, remain in your vehicle—volunteers will unload your car for you.
Volunteers will be required to wear masks, so play it safe and wear yours, too.
More Recycling Events Coming Up
There are many more recycling events coming up around the Greater Birmingham Area. Mark your calendar for the following:
City of Pelham
- When: Saturday, March 27, 9AM-Noon
- Where: Pelham City Hall, 3162 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124
City of Alabaster
- When: Saturday, April 10, 8AM-Noon
- Where: Thompson Intermediate School, 1509 Kent Dairy Rd, Alabaster, AL 35007
- When: Sat, May 15, 9-11:30AM
- Where: Center Point Satellite Courthouse, 716 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Are you ready to recycle?
Then start collecting what you have and head to The Birmingham Zoo on March 6 for the Electronics Drop-Off and Paper Shredding event.