Read Time 4 Minutes
Planner looking a bit bland these days? We’ll take care of that. Here are the top in-person and virtual events taking place in Birmingham this March.
1. Magic City Market Place
Love to shop and support local businesses? Then head outdoors to the Magic City Marketplace. You’ll have two opportunities to check it out on March 6 and 20, so be sure to plan ahead. Proceeds from each event benefit Active Learning Childcare Services.
When: Saturday, March 6 + 20, 1-5PM
Where: Good People Brewing Company + Urban Supply, 114 14th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
2. Giggles & Grace Consignment Sale
Grab your mask and prepare to shop ’til you drop during one of Asbury United Methodist’s most popular semiannual events—the Giggles & Grace Consignment Sale on March 5-6.
Here’s what you’ll find at the sale:
- Spring/Summer Kids Clothing
- Spring/Summer Kids Shoes
- Baby essentials like strollers, car seats, cribs, bassinets, baby carriers, swings, high chairs + more
Be sure to check out Discount Sale Day on Saturday, March 6. Select items will be 50% off.
If you or someone you know would benefit from shopping vouchers, fill out an application by Saturday, February 20. If your application is approved, you’ll be notified via email the week of the sale on Wednesday, March 3. Choose your application: English | Spanish
When: Friday, March 5, 8AM-2PM + 4-8PM | Saturday, March 6, 8AM-2PM
Where: Asbury United Methodist Church, 6690 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242
3. Brunch with the Bachelors: Meet Your Zoo’s African Elephant Herd
Love elephants? Now you can meet some in person during The Birmingham Zoo’s Brunch with the Bachelors event.
Here’s a peek at this exciting experience:
- Enjoy a classic brunch and specialty waffles served to you by catering professionals.
- Watch a private elephant demonstration.
- Venture on a behind-the-scenes group tour of the “bachelor pad” with a dedicated expert>
- Continue your adventure with admission to the zoo.
When: Sunday, March 7, 10AM-Noon.
Where: The Birmingham Zoo, 2630 Cahaba Rd, Birmingham, AL 35223
Price: $200 a table (up to 4 guests) | Add up to 3 more guests for $50 each
4. Evening With an Expert | Cook Along with Chef Chris Hastings
Love to cook? Then you won’t want to miss this incredible opportunity. On March 7, cook alongside James Beard Award-winning Chef and co-owner of OvenBird and Hot and Hot Fish Club Chef Chris Hastings in an Evening With an Expert | Cook Along with Chef Chris Hastings.
During this virtual fundraiser benefiting the Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens’ Internship Program, you’ll join Chef Hastings as he shares cooking tips and tricks live from his kitchen at Hot and Hot Fish Club. He’ll even answer some of your questions.
Sign up and choose from two reservation options:
- $100 Reservation: includes virtual link (for one viewing device) to step-by-step, living cooking experience with Chef Hastings, printable recipes, shopping list, protein tips, wine pairing recommendations and more.
- $200 VIP Reservation: includes everything in the $100 reservation, plus dessert for two prepared by Chef Hastings, a select bottle of wine and Tito’s Handmade Vodka Cocktail Package so you can make your own handcrafted specialty drink live with Chef Hastings and his team.
When: Sunday, March 7, 5:30-7PM
Price: $100 | VIP Experience – $200 (Must be 21+)
5. Native Plant Conference 2021: Growing Resilience
Attention plant enthusiasts, it’s time to sign up for Birmingham Botanical Garden’s one and only Native Plant Conference. Recognized as one of the Southeast’s premier native plant events, you’re in for a heck of an experience.
This year’s event will be an exciting mix of in-person and virtual programs, such as:
- Roundtable discussions
- Observation and study of Alabama’s native plant species
When: Thursday, March 11-14
Price: Members – $80 | Nonmembers – $100
6. Grub on the Lot: A Crazy Fun Food Truck Party
Food, music, dancing and shopping. Don’t mind if I do! Where can you find this much fun in one space? At Grub on the Lot: A Crazy Food Truck Party.
Held outside in the Urban Supply parking lot, this is one food truck extravaganza you won’t want to miss.
To ensure social distancing, sign up here for a specific time slot.
When: Saturday, March 13, 6-10PM
Where: Urban Supply Parking Lot, 1301 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
Sign up to attend
7. Pancake Breakfast Drive Thru
Pile on the pancakes and show your support for community youth. On March 13, the Kiwanis Club of Homewood-Mountain Brook is hosting its 37th annual Pancake Breakfast—drive-thru style.
This year’s primary beneficiary is the Homewood City Schools Foundation – Supporting Teachers and Students.
When: Saturday, March 13, 7AM-Noon
Where: The Exceptional Foundation, 1616 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209
8. Jukebox 2021
Opera Birmingham has taken your music requests and are ready for a night of great hits in Jukebox 2021—a free virtual concert and singalong.
But there’s more. To support the mission of Opera Birmingham, Jukebox 2021 will also feature a silent auction. From March 18-21, bid on artwork, collectibles, restaurant gift certificates, special experiences and more. Preview the silent auction here.
When: Saturday, March 20, 6PM
9. The Barking Lot
Want to spend a special day with your pup? We have the ultimate pop-up event for you—The Barking Lot. While you shop, eat, mingle and pose for adorable pics with your number one sidekick, your doggo will be living it up in play areas, swimming pools, treat tents and more.
To ensure social distancing, sign up below for a time slot.
P.S. Dogs should be leashed and cleaned up after at all times. Unleashing is only allowed in certain areas.
When: Saturday, March 27, 11AM
Where: 1301 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233