Hear that? It’s the sound of all of us counting down to the holidays! If you’re ready to get in a festive mood too, don’t miss these 8 Christmas parades and holiday events in Birmingham.
Stay safe this holiday season
Just because Christmas break is on its way doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do everything you can to stay safe from COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing. When you’re heading to any holiday events, make sure to stay at least six feet apart from others. Plus, stay outside when possible. Thank goodness for heat lamps.
- Wear your mask. Whether you’re looking at a Christmas tree lighting or enjoying holiday music, make sure you stay masked up.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or if you’ve been exposed. If you think you might have COVID-19 or you’ve come in contact with someone who has, settle in and turn on your favorite Christmas movie.
The City of Birmingham will not have a Christmas parade, but there are other ways to celebrate.
We love the sights of the Christmas tree lit up in downtown Birmingham—even though there won’t be a Christmas parade or lighting, the tree will be lit throughout the season.
Ready to make holiday plans? Here are 7 Christmas parades and holiday events to add to your list.
1. Deck the Heights
Get a head start on your holiday shopping with Deck the Heights in Cahaba Heights. The Heights Express will take shoppers to local favorites, including Cahaba Cycles, Leaf & Petal, The Blue Willow, and more.
Masks are required for guests aged six and up.
- When: Saturday, November 21, 2 – 8 PM
- Where: Cahaba Heights Road, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
- Learn more
2. POSE at the Summit
Do you love the thrill of sending holiday cards every year? This year, switch it up with photos at a brand new Birmingham pop-up: POSE at the Summit.
Head to this photo-ready location with different rooms designed by Birmingham artists, including an upside-down Christmas setup and a 90s themed room. Masks are required unless you’re taking your photos.
- When: Saturday, November 20 – Sunday, January 2
- Where: Located in SAKS Plaza in the Summit (next to SAKS Fifth Avenue)
- Purchase your one-hour time slot and get those cameras ready
3. Vulcan Holiday Market
Christmas shopping? Check. Food trucks? Check. Live music? Check. Enjoy everything you need for a great Sunday in the holiday season by heading to the Vulcan Holiday Market.
- When: Sunday, November 21, 1 – 5 PM
- Where: Vulcan Park and Museum, 1701 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Get all the details
4. Gardendale Christmas Parade
With a theme of the “Island of Misfit Toys”, you know that the Gardendale Christmas Parade will be perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit. Pick up hot chocolate or cider, don your holiday-themed mask, and enjoy watching the parade.
- When: Thursday, December 3, 6 PM
- Where: View the parade route
5. Christmas at the Caboose is just one of the holiday events in Birmingham this season
Enjoy a night full of music, food trucks, Santa, and tons of fun at Christmas at the Caboose in Irondale.
- When: Saturday, December 5, 4 – 7 PM
- Where: 1912 1st Avenue S., Irondale, AL
6. Lighting of the Star and Homewood Christmas Parade
We could all use a little light this year. Head to Downtown Homewood to watch as they light the historic Homewood Star.
For extra precautions, this will be a parade with a twist—spectators will drive through and view stationery floats.
- When: Sunday, December 6, 6:30 PM
- Where: 18th St S, Birmingham, AL 35209, United States
- Learn more
7. CahaBAZAAR Holiday Market
The sixth annual CahaBAZAAR Holiday Market will be your one-stop-shop for local goods, food trucks, live music, and more. With over 70 local vendors, a free hot chocolate bar, and an appearance by Santa, you’ll have a blast.
Wear your mask correctly unless seated and eating, use contactless payment options when possible, and follow vendors’ rules with guest limits.
- When: Saturday, December 12 – 5 PM
- Where: Cahaba Brewing Company, 4500 5th Ave S Building C, Birmingham, AL, 35222
- See the vendors
8. Grand Menorah Lighting at The Summit is one of the holiday events in Birmingham
If you’re looking for a fun, socially distanced way to celebrate Hannukah, you won’t want to miss the Grand Menorah Lighting at The Summit. From the trunk of your car, you can enjoy music, balloons, jugglers, latkes, and more.
- When: Sunday, December 13, 6 – 8 PM
- Where: REI Parking Lot at the Summit
- Get your free tickets