Read Time 2 Minutes
Labor Day’s almost here, and for a lot of people that means barbecue. If firing up the grill is your specialty, you’re gonna want to give this one a miss. But if letting experts do the work for you sounds like the move, call now and pick up your Labor Day barbecue from one of these seven local barbecue places this weekend.
1. Dreamland Bar-B-Que
- Location: 1427 14th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Contact: (205) 933-2133 | Menu (call first)
- Weekend hours: Saturday, 11AM-9PM, Sunday, 11AM-8PM, Monday 11AM-8PM
- Options: dine in, carryout or delivery
2. Golden Rule
- Location: 2504 Crestwood Blvd., Irondale, AL 35210 or check here for a full list of locations
- Contact: (205) 956-2678 | Menu (call first)
- Weekend hours: Saturday 10:30AM-9PM, Sunday 11AM-8PM, Monday 10:30AM-8:30PM
- Options: dine in, takeout or get it delivered with Doordash
3. Ken’s Hickory Pit BBQ in Leeds
- Location: 4817 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Contact: (205) 853-6488 | Facebook | Groupon (call first)
- Weekend hours: Saturday 6AM-5:30PM, Sunday closed, Monday 5:30AM-6PM
- Options: dine in or carryout
4. Jim ‘N Nick’s
- Locations: Check here for locations + menus, including 5 Points South, Trussville, Gardendale, Homewood, Hoover + Greystone.
- Weekend hours: Saturday + Sunday 11AM-8PM, closed Monday
- Options: curbside to-go service, expedited drive-thru + DoorDash
5. Johnny Ray’s BBQ
- Location: 3431 Colonnade Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Contact: (205) 968-8002 | Menu (call first)
- Weekend hours: Saturday 11AM-9PM, Sun 11AM-3PM, Mon 11AM-9PM
- Options: dine in, patio dining or takeout
6. Old Smokey BBQ in Leeds
- Location: 7323 Parkway Dr, Leeds, AL 35094
- Contact: (205) 702-6121 | Facebook (call first)
- Weekend hours: 10:30AM-3PM on Saturday, closed Sunday + Monday
- Options: Call first to order takeout.
7. Saw’s BBQ
- Locations: Southside, Homewood, Saw’s Juke Joint—Crestline, Saw’s Soul Kitchen—Avondale
- Contact: Website
- Weekend hours: depends on the location. Check here for hours + menus + be sure to ask about their Labor Day packages.
- Options: dine in, pickup or food truck
Now tell us, Birmingham, what are your plans for this Labor Day? Where will you be getting barbecue?
Tag us on social @bhamnow and let us know.