What’s happening in Birmingham the weekend of June 5-7? We have deals on delicious local eats, some events to check out, insight on potential growth in Birmingham and more!
For what’s happening around Birmingham, sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Cozy Up with Some Food
With a stormy weekend underway, it’s the perfect time to cozy up with your favorite dish. Check out our Small Business Guide for over 520 local deals, curbside pickup and delivery options.
Here are 5 to get those tastebuds buzzing:
- Homewood Bagel: 15% off if you mention BHAMNOW.
- La Paz: Home delivery and curbside pickup available.
- Tropicaleo: curbside pickup + delivery via Grubhub, Postmates, DoorDash + UberEats.
- Saw’s Soul Kitchen: Curbside pickup Friday + Saturday 11AM-7PM.
- Yo’ Mama’s Restaurant: Brunch + lunch via curbside pickup.
P.S. Sign up your business or non-profit organization!
Montevallo is showing off their arty side with a new and colorful array of murals throughout the town. Who’s behind the public works of art? Find out!
Get some positivity here!
You may know The Modern Coffee Shop as a place to grab your daily cup of joe, but did you know it also acts as a workforce development program? Modern House hires Birmingham’s homeless in an effort to provide them with job training and life skills they can carry on to their next place of employment. Learn more about the program and what Seeds Coffee Company is doing to aid it.
Art. Education. Peer-to-peer learning. There are lots of powerful ways for young people to build bridges. One, in particular, is to become involved in organizations designed to promote friendship, common purpose and cross-cultural understanding. From Alabama 4-H and Girls, Inc. to the Alabama Symphony Orchestra, here are 18 organizations in Birmingham doing just that.
Birmingham keeps on growing
There’s no denying that Birmingham’s local businesses and economy have taken a hard hit due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But could this lead to long-term positive effects on Birmingham’s growth? The odds are looking good. Full story.
Farm-fresh food… delish! But if you’re like me and aren’t the best at gardening, where do you go to find fresh produce and healthy eats? At these 7 local urban farms and gardens, of course!
Want to get out this weekend? Remember to take appropriate safety precautions as outlined by the CDC.
- June 5: Adjacent Space Night In: Virtual Happy Hour @ Adjacent Space. 5-6PM.
- June 6: Boozy Iced Tea Bar @ Simply Infused Olive Oil. 11AM-3PM. FREE.
- June 6: Japanese Book & Paper Art with Doug Baulos @ Forstall Art Center. 10AM-4PM. $125 + $50 deposit. Register.
- June 6: Documentary Development with JP Olsen @ Sidewalk Film. 3-4PM. $15. Tickets.
- June 7: Sober Sunday Tastings @ LeNell’s Beverage Boutique. Noon-9PM.
For more happenings this weekend, check out Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
Have an event you’d like to promote? Add it to our event database!