Whether you’re looking to gain work experience in a particular setting or fulfill required credits before your graduation—we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to see what companies and organizations are offering internships in Birmingham.
- Kindperks LLC builds a platform to find restaurants that accommodate lifestyle diets including Vegan, Vegetarian, Keto, diabetic-friendly, Gluten-free and more.
- Searching for the most passionate foodies, interns will arrange professional food photos, write creative posts and post them to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for leading Birmingham restaurants. Get in touch with them here.
- The NSBE’s mission is to increase the number of black engineers who excel academically, professionally, and create a positive impact within the community.
- Each summer they host a program—The Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK). SEEK mentors guide minority elementary students through the field of engineering during a three-week program. These mentors act as role models and strive to help these kids envision themselves in the engineering field. For more information and where to apply click here.
- Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children battling life-threatening conditions.
- The Special Events intern assists in Make-A-Wish external fundraising events and their largest Internal fundraiser—Trailblaze Challenge.
- The Mission Delivery intern assists the Program Services team in managing wish files, database entry, and communicating with medical professionals, families, and volunteers.
- The Volunteer Services intern assists the Volunteer Manager in recruiting, managing and training volunteers, wish-granting, special events, and database entry.
- For more information on internship opportunities click here.
- US Marshals are responsible for serving federal arrest warrants, capturing fugitives, and overseeing the witness protection program.
- Interns will shadow the Deputy United States Marshals and Administrative Personnel within the Northern District of Alabama, attend hearings in US District Court and interact with US District Court Personnel, assist with special projects and more. Contact them here.
5. everis USA
- everis USA is a multinational consulting firm that provides application development, maintenance, business and strategy solutions, and outsourcing services.
- The software developer intern will assist with coding and integrated testing, gain IT exposure to systems and programming, and analyze and design business processes into smaller pieces. Get in touch with them here.
6. Pack Health
- Pack Health digitally links individuals dealing with chronic diseases to personal health advisors who provide weekly coaching sessions and personalized follow-ups.
- The Health Advisor intern assists the Health Advisor team with researching up-to-date healthcare information, finding cost savers for medications and insurance, creating a meal/exercise plan, arranging medication charts, and helping in any aspect to support better health for members. Learn more and apply here.
- STERIS strives to create a healthier and safer world by supplying and repairing healthcare products.
- Interns will communicate design concepts, create detailed documentation such as storyboards, ensure content/structure is designed and developed to standards, ensure media/graphics actually teaches and is appropriate for the intended instructional purpose and more. Contact them here.
- Cahaba Riverkeeper works to ensure clean water, a healthy aquatic environment, and maintain the aesthetic and recreational values of the Cahaba.
- The Swim Guide Lab Tech intern will help run the laboratory, administer water sampling, keep up with data, and attend local outreach events.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) is a computer system for capturing, displaying, storing, and checking data related to positions on Earth’s surface. The GIS intern will perform activities such as GIS field data collection, creation, conversion, and management.
- Connect with them here.
- BIFP Professionals work with the lumber and steel industries to share market trends, price changes, ideas, and industry news with their customers and suppliers every day.
- Trading Interns will start the initial steps of building a career and gain experience in trading, buying and selling commodity products including lumber, panels, and steel. Get in touch with them here.
- The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading health organization assisting in Alzheimer care, support and research.
- The Special Events/Marketing/PR intern will work with Special Events, PR, Marketing, and Fundraising to experience, learn, work, and contribute to the Association’s goal of a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
- The Marketing/Communications and Media Relations intern will utilize their skills and be responsible for supporting social media, email marketing, media relations and special events in order to raise awareness surrounding Alzheimer’s disease.
- Contact The Association here.
- Kinetic Communications features a lively environment working with visually appealing web design, marketing, and specialized application development to advanced analytics to help businesses improve in competition.
- The Design Apprentice will work closely with Kinetic Designers and assist in adding visual appeal to websites, videos, and interactive applications. Apprentices will also strive for expertise in HTML5, CSS, WordPress, and responsive design concepts.
- The Marketing Apprentice will gain experience in areas of business development, customer relationship management, project management, email and social media marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, and beyond.
- The Programming Apprentice role is suited for programming apprentices eager to learn multiple web-based programming languages. They will be working with and learning from Kinetic programmers that are fluent coders and programming experts.
- Learn more about apprenticeships and get in touch here.
- Strategic Financial Partners assist individuals, professionals, families, and business owners in developing skilled financial strategies.
- Interns will be given the opportunity to shadow advisors, conduct financial interviews, illustrate various products, and understand the process of completing a financial plan. Find out more and contact them here.
13. Buffalo Rock
- Established in 1901, Buffalo Rock is an independent Birmingham based bottler of Pepsi products.
- Buffalo Rock’s intern will analyze supply chain processes, product delivery, and managing inventory. They will also manage route activity including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing. Connect with them here.
Birmingham has a fun and diverse job market offering many ways to gain practical work experience and plan for your future!
How can we help you get involved in the job scene? Let us know on social @BhamNow!