Have you been wondering when Half Shell Oyster House will open its doors in Birmingham’s Lakeview District? We have the answer, plus more!
According to Vice President of Operations & Human Resources of Half Shell Oyster House, Kevin Fish, everything is on track for a mid to late March opening.
As fast as the month of February flies by, you’ll be eating at this new spot before you can say oysters!
But while you’re daydreaming about what will be your first meal at Half Shell Oyster House, there’s still lots to do before for the grand opening.
“The shell is done and most of the infrastructure, but we’re working on the finer points now,” said Fish. “The furnishings, carpentry, painting, etc.”
Check out the exterior and interior so far.
While they work on that, here are some things to know about Half Shell Oyster House:
- It got its start in Gulfport, Mississippi in 2009.
- It earned a reputation for its charbroiled oysters.
- It has expanded to 11 locations throughout Alabama,Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- The company owns their own oyster aquaculture company—Deer Island Oyster Company—and raise oysters in the Gulf.
“We’ve had it on our radar for a long time,” said Fish. “We’ve had tremendous success in Mobile and Tuscalooa and feel the people of Birmingham have those same ‘southern tastebuds’ and will equally enjoy our offerings.”
How do you like your oysters?
If you’re a fan of oysters, here are some options you’ll find at Half Shell Oyster House:
- Charbroiled oysters: charbroiled over an open flame with white wine, butter, garlic and herb sauce.
- Oysters Orleans: charbroiled over an open flame and basted with New Orleans style smoke Cajun sauce.
- Oysters Bienville: topped with herbs, mushrooms, crab, Gulf shrimp, bacon and Italian bread crumbs, then baked and finished with Parmesan cheese.
- Oysters Rockefeller: topped with fresh spinach, cream cheese, herbs and Pernod, then baked and finished with Parmesan cheese.
If you aren’t into oysters or other seafood items, there’s no need to stray away. There are plenty of other items on the menu, like chicken, steak and pasta.
They also offer:
- Sunday brunch
- Lunch specials
- Gluten free meals
The Next Step After Lakeview
Half Shell Oyster House will open its next location on Main Street in Trussville, next to Great Harvest Bread Company. The estimated opening date is this July.