Woodlawn Market is an urban street market in the heart of Historic Woodlawn. They are halfway through their 6th season, and on Saturday, August 10, they are hosting their first-ever night market from 5-9pm! Find all the details here.
What is Woodlawn Street Market?
Woodlawn Street Market is kind of like a cross between a block party and a farmers’ market. Patrons can expect merchants selling produce, goods, and prepared food, along with a few home-grown restaurants and retailers.
The market is one of the many awesome events in the historic and vibrant Woodlawn.
So, Why is Night Market Special?
The Woodlawn Night Market is a concept that the founders have been dreaming of since the event’s inception.
Thanks to Woodlawn’s business community growth and improved street lighting, the stars have finally aligned for the night market to become reality!
“The evening hours will help combat the late summer heat that gets pretty painful this time of year, and we’ll continue showcasing how vibrant our community is growing to be, even at night.”Rebekah Fox, market founder
What all is going on?
- Up to 80 vendors
- 10 spaces reserved for first-time vendors
- A wide variety of delicious street food options
- Creative Mindz dancers will host a Rock the Block party with DJ Young Fame
- Magic City Surge will be on site with 3-on-3 games, the Magic City Surge Dance Girls, and more
- Soft opening of BungalowBungalow, a new concept from Great Bear Wax Co.
- Special programming during and after the market at Club Duquette and Communicating Vessels
How do I get in on this?
If you’re as sold on this as we are, here’s how to check it out!
- Saturday, August 10
- Along the block of 55 Place South in Woodlawn
Want to contribute in a bigger way? Woodlawn Market is still accepting volunteers interested in adding to the promotion and vibrancy of Woodlawn! Volunteers can sign up through the end of the day this Friday using this link!