Read Time 2 Minutes
You always hear about father/daughter dances but what about mother/son dances? That’s exactly why the King’s Home created the Queen’s Ball, happening Friday, March 1, 7-9PM at The Club in Birmingham. It will celebrate the mother/son bond and benefit the King’s Home too.
The Queen’s Ball, founded last year by Minda Riley, had already sold out. But they were able to increase their guest capacity and now more tickets are available! Bonus! We’re going to tell you how to win a pair of tickets.
“This event is truly about family—from its founding to its mission—family has always been at the core.”Minda Riley, Queen’s Ball Founder
What to expect:
- Exotic animals sponsored by Ed’s Pet World that you can hold and take photographs with
- A North Star Martial Arts live performance
- Face painting and a cartoon rendering of you and your son
- Music from the incredible leader, community supporter, and advocate for young men, Coach Steve Sills of Homewood Middle School
- Live painting by Shannon Harris of The Grace Gallery that will be donated to the silent auction. There will be numerous exciting options to bid on
- Emcees, Janice Rogers—WBRC FOX6 Good Day Alabama news anchor—and her son Noah, leading you through the night
Who does The Queen’s Ball benefit?
- All proceeds from The Queen’s Ball benefit the King’s Home.
- Kings Home operates 22 residential group homes on six campuses in four Alabama counties, serving all 67 counties.
- They provide essential services to abused youth, moms and children fleeing domestic violence so that they can find hope, opportunity and a way to start over.
- They are dedicated to providing safe, loving homes in a nurturing, Christian environment to those who desperately need help.
Giveaway and ticket info
- Head to Bham Now’s Instagram ASAP to enter our Queen’s Ball giveaway! All you have to do is like the photo, follow @KingsHome_AL and tag a friend. We will announce the winner on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
- Tickets are $50, and you can buy them on their website.
- Stay updated by following them on social media— Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Attend the Queen’s Ball last year? Tell us your favorite part on social @BhamNow!