Read Time 3 Minutes
Located inside the Vulcan Park and Museum visitor center, The Anvil is the aptly-named gift shop where you can find a gift for everyone on your holiday list. Yep, you read that right — The Anvil has locally-made goods and Birmingham-centric gifts for even the toughest person on your list. Just wait until you see the socks!
The Anvil has a much larger selection than you would generally expect from a museum gift shop. You won’t find kitsch-y throwaway knickknacks here. From Birmingham-themed t-shirts and Vulcan-themed socks to books about Birmingham beer, you’ll be covered for the holidays. Bonus: you’ll be helping to support the Vulcan Park and Museum.
Cyber Monday Shopping with Ease
You can shop a selection of the items mentioned in this article online here. Use code “CYBERMONDAY” at checkout for 30% off your order!
Give A Handmade Good
The Anvil is stocked with handmade goods. A Birmingham “dirt shirt” t-shirt made from local red clay or hat would be the perfect gift for your best friend who loves all things Birmingham and wants to support local artists. A blown-glass Vulcan ornament is a great gift for your parents or for yourself! The shop is full of handmade Earthborn pottery, Crave candles and Color the Ham coloring books.
Give A Birmingham-Themed Gift
The shop also stocks many gift options that may not be locally- or hand-made, but that are Birmingham-centric, like the Birmingham Beer book or a college-football mug. You can find Auburn, Alabama and UAB colored Vulcan socks as well as Magic City t-shirts. May we suggest a bobble-head Vulcan for the big-headed guy on your list? What about a fuzzy headed Vulcan doll for the toddler? Gifts like these are a great option for a friend who loves to visit you in Birmingham, but may not live here. That way, you can gift them a piece of Birmingham to have with them always! Who doesn’t want a little more Birmingham in their life?
Give A Membership
Do you have someone on your list who is difficult to buy for? You know who I’m talking about — the person who seems to already have everything, or the person who is just so unique that you’re drawing a blank. Consider gifting someone a membership to Vulcan Park and Museum this year. Becoming a Vulcan Park and Museum member is more than just free admission to the park. The list of benefits is long and includes:
- Free admission year-round
- Discounted (sometimes free!) admission to events at Vulcan Park, like Vulcan AfterTunes
- Opportunities to contribute to the preservation of the landmark
- FREE admission to Vulcan’s Annual Birthday Bash
- NARM Benefits country-wide
- Subscription to monthly e-newsletter and publication
- “I Stand With the Big Man” car decal
- All memberships are fully tax-deductible
There are 7 levels of membership available for gifting. They range from $40 to $500 and each level has different perks.
- Vulcan ($40): Cardholder benefits for 1 guest, 10% off in The Anvil shop
- Vulcan Plus ($60): Cardholder benefits for 2 guests, 10% in The Anvil shop
- Vulcan Family ($80): Cardholder benefits for 4 guests, 10% in The Anvil shop
- Vulcan Circle ($100): Cardholder benefits for 5 guests, 15% in The Anvil shop, 1 “I Stand With the Big Man” t-shirt, one-time use 5% discount for a VPM event facility
- Vulcan Deluxe ($150): Cardholder benefits for 6 guests, 15% in The Anvil shop, 2 “I Stand With the Big Man” t-shirts, one-time use 10% discount for a VPM event facility
- Vulcan Limestone ($250): Cardholder benefits for 8 guests, 15% in The Anvil shop, 2 “I Stand With the Big Man” t-shirts, one-time use 15% discount for a VPM event facility
- Vulcan Iron ($500): Cardholder benefits for 8 guests, 15% in The Anvil shop, 2 “I Stand With the Big Man” t-shirts, one-time use 15% discount for a VPM event facility, 1 (4×6) personalized brick paver
Unlikely One-Stop Shop
Yes, The Anvil may seem like an unlikely place to do your holiday shopping. But one trip through the shop had me convinced, and I’m sure a few of the selections surprised you too! Whether you decide to gift a membership, a t-shirt or a stunning handcrafted ornament this year, you will find everything you need at The Anvil. Happy shopping!