Read Time 1 Minutes
Rogue Tavern owner Travis McGriff hopes to open his 6,000 square-foot entertainment venue in October. Live music? Weddings? Parties? In Birmingham? We’re in. Bring it, Massie’s on 2nd!
The Spot Is Hot
- It’s right next to Rogue Tavern, alongside Urban Standard and close to El Barrio, and Bamboo on 2nd, The Atomic Lounge and The Collins Bar.
- German club Das Haus occupied the space before the renovation.
- The club is located on 2318 Second Ave. N.
McGriff designed Massie’s on 2nd as a place to host concerts, weddings and parties. Features include:
- Stained concrete floors and brick walls
- Original tiling on the building’s ceiling that’s updated with a copper hue, giving the space an elegant but rustic vibe
- Room for 300, along with a patio
- The ability to split the space into two rooms
- A bride and groom’s suite
About The Neighbors
Massie’s on 2nd joins a fun street of businesses. There’s Charm, the colorful vintage shop that carries vintage jewelry and gifts, and Urban Standard, the coffee shop with the cozy feel and friendly staff, along with restaurants like Yo Mama’s, El Barrio and Bamboo on 2nd. Don’t forget about Pale Eddie’s Pour House and Space One Eleven, too. Oh, and Mamanoe’s, a cigar shop. Did you know we have a cigar shop in Birmingham?!
Downtown Birmingham really does offer a variety of businesses, shopping entertainment and dining. Our ultimate lunch guide includes a lot of these hot spots on 2nd Avenue, so check it out if you’re hungry and in the neighborhood. What do you think about this new addition?