Read Time 2 Minutes
The Market at Pepper Place is the place to buy local in Birmingham. Now it’s taking its support of Alabama farmers and makers one step further. In partnership with BBVA Compass, the market is offering a free financial workshop series to vendors and other small business owners. The series aims to help small businesses improve and grow, and it kicks off with an open house mixer on Aug. 7, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Open House Details
- What: Meet the BBVA Compass instructors who will teach the free financial workshop series. Check out future topics, sign up for fall workshops, ask questions and tell organizers what topics you’d like to see covered. PLUS, enjoy light refreshments.
- When: Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Where: Pepper Place, 2829 2nd Ave. South (the former location of the Collective Salon, in the Dr. Pepper Building, next to Richard Tubb Interiors)
- FREE! And you don’t have to be a BBVA Compass customer to benefit.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you can make it to the event Aug. 7!
Some 100 Alabama farmers, makers and food/drink vendors sell their goods at the Market at Pepper Place each Saturday. By offering the free financial workshop series, the market hopes to strengthen its vendors’ businesses and achieve a much greater goal for Birmingham and Alabama.
“If we can help our vendors be more successful, the market will be more successful, customers will be happier and the city and its economy will benefit.”—Leigh Sloss-Corra, executive director, the Market at Pepper Place
At the open house mixer, you’ll also hear from special guests Ashlee Ammons and Kerry Schrader, the mother-daughter team behind Mixtroz.
Earlier this year, Ammons and Schrader won Steve Case’s “Rise of the Rest” competition in Birmingham. They’ll share their startup story and explain how to use the Mixtroz platform to build a stronger network and small business community.
Fall 2018 Topics For Free Financial Workshop Series At Pepper Place
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Developing A Business Plan
- Business Financial Statements
More August Happenings At The Market
The financial workshop series with BBVA Compass adds to the activities the Market at Pepper Place already organizes to support vendors and customers.
Are you looking for ideas to make the most of all that amazing in-season Alabama produce? Watch chef demonstrations at the Market at Pepper Place every Saturday at 9 a.m.
Next, stay for the maker presentation at 10 a.m. to see firsthand the artistry and craft that goes into local handmade goods. Check out the demonstrations scheduled for August 2018.
- Aug. 4: chef demo by Jason Mezrano of Kathy G’s Catering / maker demo by Marshall Christie of Sloss Furnaces Metal Arts
- Aug. 11: chef demo by Justin Green of Jackson’s Bar and Bistro / maker demo by Josh Pigford of Cedar + Sail
- Aug. 18: chef demo by Julie Grimes of Black Sheep Kitchen / maker demo by Kyle Wick of thimbletreestudio
- Aug. 25: chef demo by Chris Zapalowski of Homewood Gourmet / maker demo by Marshall Christie of Sloss Furnaces Metal Arts
Learn more about what’s happening at the market at pepperplacemarket.com. If you’re interested in the free financial workshop series for small businesses, RSVP to email@example.com to attend the open house mixer on Aug. 7.