Read Time 4 Minutes
Don’t miss out on all of these fun ways to eat, drink, and be scary this Halloween season!
Friday the 13th
A coincidence? I think not.
McWane After Dark: MAD Science @ McWane Science Center. 7-11 pm.
Tickets get you access to all three levels of the McWane center, snacks, a signature drink, photobooth, and free parking. Activities include “Zombie” Sheep Brain Dissection, Thriller dancing, Witch’s Broom Highcycle rides and so much more. Minors are not welcome at this exclusive and spooky event! Early bird tickets are $20 until 9/13, $25 until 10/12 and $30 at the door.
- Halloween Costume Party @ High Point Climbing and Fitness. 6-9 pm. FREE for members.
Be there because there will be free Marco’s Pizza and Good People brews plus all the climbing your heart could desire.
- Haunted Birmingham Tour @ Cahaba Brewing Company. 7 pm.
Enjoy a ride around town with author Lewis O. Powell to the haunted sites in Birmingham. Tickets are $30!
- The Midnight Effect Halloween Dance Party @ The Syndicate Lounge. 8pm.
Come show your best moves (and costumes) at this spooky dance party. DJs Geisha/Memorexx/PanzerSoldat will be spinning Goth, Industrial, Synthwave, Darkwave, Witchhouse, Modern New Wave, 80’s, Horror Punk, Electronic Dance, and plenty more.
Friday October 20th
- Scare Your Face Off Fest VIII @ Saturn Birmingham. Doors open at 8. $10.
Come to Saturn to hear cover sets of old favorites by Birmingham musicians. Featured music will include tributes to: Fugazi, PJ Harvey, The Ventures, The Wipers, Dead Moon, Madball, and more! Wear your best costume and get a discount at the door.
Friday October 27th
- A Stranger Things Happening @ Black Market Bar & Grill in Five Points. 8 pm-2 am. FREE.
Black Market Bar & Grill will be showing season 2 of Stranger Things with a costume competition and food and drink specials. Catch up on (or rewatch) all your favorite episodes from season 2!
- Boo 22 @ B & A Warehouse. 8 pm-2 am. $25 with part of proceeds going to Leukemia society of Alabama!
Come hear live music, show your dance moves in the Disco Skeleton Cellar, join the Scaryoke Karyoke, and watch classic movies in the Horror Movie Lounge. Buy tickets here!
Saturday October 28th
- Pumpkins, Pancakes, and Princesses @ the Birmingham Zoo. 8-9 am. Special Pricing.
Every little girls’ dreams are going to come true at the inaugural Pumpkins, Pancakes, and Princesses event this year. Throw on your tiara and join the royal at the Birmingham Zoo to get pictures with your favorite princesses! Plus enjoy an amazing pancake, egg, and sausage breakfast and a free craft. Non-Members: $30.00-Adults, $25.00-Kids
Members: $25.00-Adults, $20.00-Kids
- Owl-o-Ween 2017 @ the Alabama Wildlife Center. 11 am-2 pm. FREE.
Bring your kids to Owl-o-Ween 2017! Meet live raptors up close, enjoy face painting, games, storytime, crafts and more!
- Rocky Horror Masquerade Ball @ the Alabama Theatre. 6:30-11 pm. Prices vary.
Dance the evening away to amazing DJs starting at 6:30. Costume contest starts at 8:30 followed by a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show immediately after. Tickets are $22.50 now or $25 at the door!
- Peaches and Scream @ Roots and Revelry. 9 pm-2 am. $40+
The Thomas Jefferson Tower will be packed with guests for this giant halloween bash and each room will feature a different spooky theme. Come ready to win their amazing costume competition, try their signature spooky cocktail, and dance the night away with the best DJs in the ‘ham. Exclusive VIP tickets get you access to a private parlor with a chef inspired menu and handcrafted cocktails. Get your tickets here.
Sunday October 29th
- Halloween Kings Chair Sunrise Hike/Run @ Oak Mountain State Park. 6:15 AM.
Celebrate the season by running/hiking in your best Halloween costume and catch the sunrise at Kings Chair. Meet at the North Trail Head at Oak Mountain State Park for the 4 mile (roundtrip) run. The run will start at 6:15 and there will be breakfast! $5 fee to enter the park.
- Vulcan AfterTunes @ Vulcan Park. 1-6 pm.
Come enjoy the music of Aaron Lee Tasjan and Early James and the Latest at the Vulcan with the whole family! Craft brews from Good People, Cigar City Brewing, and Founders Brewing Co will be available with light snacks. You won’t want to miss these up-and-coming artists! Get your tickets here.
- Star Wars Cosplay & Trivia Night @ the Syndicate Lounge. 7 pm-12 am.
Get ready for the new Star Wars movie by showing you’re in the know! First and second place in the cosplay competition win prizes and the trivia winner gets the earnings from all contestants’ $5 buy in. Bring the whole family for this fun event! May the force be with you.
Monday October 30th
- Oktoberween! @ Cahaba Brewing. 6-8 pm.
Are sing-a-longs your thing? Join the Birmingham Community Bier Choir for a spooky sing-a-long followed by a Halloween performance by the Crestwood Community Band. It’s sure to be a great time!
- Wild South 10% @ Rojo. 5 pm-12 pm.
Skip the trick or treating to come down to Rojo on Halloween night where 10% of sales will be donated to Wild South’s work in Alabama’s wilderness areas. Music by Cheshire Possum will be from 7-9 and a costume contest will be at 8!
- Boo at the Zoo @ the Birmingham Zoo. 5 pm-9 pm. Members only. Special Pricing
Boo at the Zoo is back! For 12 nights see the Birmingham Zoo at its scariest. From haunted hayrides to free games to Trick or Treat lane, this is going to be an event that members won’t want to miss.
- Robotics and Arduino Night @ Red Mountain Makers. 7-9 pm. FREE.
Play with robotics and cool technology like wearable computers at Red Mountain Makers on Halloween night! Unleash your inner maker and try your hand at creating at this not so spooky event.
- Sloss Fright Furnace. Sundown-midnight. $25.
We couldn’t complete our guide without at least one haunted house. The website alone terrified me which means this will be an incredible haunted house. Choose between their many attractions like the Marathon of Horror or Stages of Death. Get ready to be terrified!