Fresh and local produce is not hard to find these days, especially in the Magic City. With Farmer’s Markets popping up left and right, you can definitely get your fresh food fix in Bham.
West Homewood Farmer’s Market
- June, July, & August
- Tuesdays 5 pm to 8 pm
- 160 Oxmoor Road, West Homewood, AL 35209
This small town market was voted ‘Best Market in Central Alabama’ back in 2015. Since then they have only grown with more food, fun, and fresh local goods. You’ll want to add the West Homewood Farmer’s Market to your schedule this summer.
Urban Cookhouse Farmers Market
- June 1st through August 17th
- Thursday from 3 pm to 7 pm
- 214 Summit Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35243 (in front of Pottery Barn)
Urban Cookhouse definitely stands by their local farmers. Enjoy plenty of produce as you peruse through their weekly market at their Summit location.
The MarketPlace at Lee Branch
- April 22nd through August 26th, 2017
- Saturdays from 8 am to Noon
- 611 Doug Baker Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35242
If you are looking for local artisans and craftsman this market has definitely got you covered. Rain or shine, this Alabama certified farmers market offers high quality, fresh and locally grown goods. You might’ve found your marketplace heaven.
East Lake Farmers Market
- May 2nd through October 3rd
- Saturdays from 8 am to Noon
- 7753 1st Ave S Birmingham, Alabama, AL 35206
Craving gooey cinnamon rolls? How about fresh honey or jams? If that sounds like it is right up your alley, East Lake Farmers Market might need to be your go to market this season. They offer, of course, great local produce but also have a great selection of savory cheese straws, coffees, relishes and so much more. Definitely worth exploring.
Valleydale Farmers Market
- May 27th to September 1st
- Saturdays 8 am – Noon
- 4601 Valleydale Road, 35242
With over 12 different vendors, you are bound to find the freshest of the fresh. Expect to find baked goods and beautiful produce galore. They’ve also got quite a few artisan goodies for you to find throughout.
The Market at Pepper Place
- May 6th to October 7th
- Saturdays 7 am – 12 pm
- 2829 2nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233
This gem of a market is the perfect Saturday treat. This charming market has an impressive variety of growers, food producers, and craft makers. You can catch live music and chef demos on select Saturdays, too. One trip and you’ll definitely be coming back!
Woodlawn High School Urban Farm
- Tuesdays 3:30 pm until 5:30 pm
- 5620 1st Ave N, Birmingham AL
With only a few weekends left in May, you are going to want to check out Woodlawn High School’s impressive Urban Farm. They’ve grown Kale, Spinach, lettuce, turnips and other fresh produce right behind their school. Go out and support these young growers and their education.
Ross Bridge Farmer’s Market
- May 12th through August 18th
- Fridays from 4 pm – 8 pm
- 2101 Grand Ave, Birmingham AL 35226
Ross Bridge has got you covered when it comes to fresh produce and artisan goods. You’ll find plenty of local artists, kids activities, and even some yummy food trucks. Fun for the whole fam is an understatement.
Rocky Ridge Church Farmer’s Market
- May 2nd to August 29th
- Tuesdays from 3 pm – 6 pm
- 2404 Altadena Rd, Vestavia Hills, Alabama
This seasonal market has plenty of goods to choose from. Meats, dairy, and yummy treats for snacking are only some of their great finds. You might even find some easy dinner fixes to make your life a little easier.
UAB Farm Stand
- March 31st – October 27th
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10 am – 2 pm
- Kirklin Clinic 2nd Floor Atrium, West Pavilion Atrium, Kirklin Clinic 2nd Floor Atrium
Bringing fresh produce to the part of the city that really needs it, UAB Farm Stand is back by popular demand. You can catch them on rotating schedules and days sharing their love for locally sourced and fresh ingredients with the Bham community.
Alabama Farmers Market
- Year round & Daily
- 344 Finley Ave West, Birmingham AL
That’s right! The Alabama Farmer’s Market is not only open year round and daily but is actually the original farmers market in Bham. You can check their site for the fresh finds of the month. This should definitely be your regular spot.