Wondering what’s the big to do this week? Check out some of the top events you won’t want to miss around the Magic City, this upcoming week.
Le Tour De Ham
- Avondale Brewery
- April 25th
- Social biking is all the rage these days. This tour will get you rolling through some fave Bham spots with a fun crowd. Head down to Avondale Brewery this Tuesday to roll through a 12-mile loop through the Magic City. The ride meets at 6pm and leaves at 6pm every Tuesday. More Information.
Spring Plant Sale
- Aldridge Gardens
- April 27th -29th 4-7pm & 9am-5pm
- Spring has sprung and so has Aldridge Gardens. Their annual spring plant sale will be in full swing starting this Thursday for members only. The general sale will be Friday and Saturday. Come grab your perennials, hydrangeas and other local native plant species. More Information.
Turkuaz with Organ Freeman
- April 27th Doors Open 7pm
- $12 Advance/$15 Day of Show
- Saturn is bringing your “Powerfunk” this Thursday. This funk-revolutionizing group has been blending the classic funk sound with Pop, R&B, and Soul since 2012. You will want to check out the tunes of this distinct funkcore group. More Information.
4th Annual 2017 Concussion Summit
- Children’s of Alabama Harbor Building
- April 28th 8am – 3:30pm
- $25 to register
- Kids and concussions. Spend your Friday learning about the actual effects of concussions in adolescents. Guest speakers include UAB’s Coach Bill Clark and renowned neuropsychologist from Children’s National System in Washingon D.C., Dr. Gerard Gioia. More Information.
Birmingham Go Red Luncheon
- Sheraton Birmingham- Hotel
- April 28th 10:30am – 1:30pm
- Conact for Ticket Info
- Birmingham will be joining the fight against heart disease and stroke in the lives of women. The American Heart Association is hosting a Go Red for Women Luncheon to raise awareness for the disease that is the leading cause of death for women in the United States. More Information.
Magic City Art Connection & Corks & Chefs
- Linn Park
- April 28th & 29th 10am-6pm, April 30th 10am – 5pm
- Cork & Chefs: $35 advance/ $45 at Festival Gate
- Calling all art lovers and food enthusiasts! Magic City Art Connection is bringing fresh artistic talent in all shapes and forms to Birmingham’s historic Linn Park. Over 200 artists from around the country and right here at home will be set up for your perusal. There will be plenty of yumminess thrown in the mix at their complementary event, Corks & Chefs, which will host local foods, wines, craft beer, spirits, and cocktails. More Information.
T.I. – Hustle Gang Tour
- Sloss Furnaces
- April 28th at 9pm
- The ATL native rapper, T.I., is finally making a stop in good ole Bham. If you are looking for a major #TBT, you will not want to miss the stylings of his newest album and possibly see some special collab artists take the stage. The show will be at Sloss Furnaces this Friday. More Information.
No Chill Comedy Battle
- Trim Tab Brewery
- April 28th at 8pm
- Did someone say comedy battle? Trim Tab will be hosting a night of hilarious stand up between 8 comedians this Friday. They will go head to head to win a grand prize and the “No Chill” namesake. You will definitely be in for a night of laughs and good brews. More Information.
2017 Feast of St. Mark Italian Festival
- Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church
- April 29th Mass 3pm & Feast 3:30pm – 10pm
- $25 Adults/ $10 Children
- Italian Culture meets Bham this Saturday. This annual event is the epitome of family-friendly. With children’s activities, live entertainment, and, of course, authentic Italian comfort foods, you are bound to have the time of your life. More Information.
Irondale Spring Fest
- Historic Downtown Irondale
- April 29th at 12pm – 6pm
- The City of Irondale is hosting their 3rd annual Spring Fest this Saturday. From noon to 7pm, Historic Downtown Irondale will be full of food, fun, art, and great music. Thousands attended last year so expect a lively crowd. More Information.