YWCA Central Alabama has two, paid Social Justice AmeriCorps service positions to begin September 3rd. The Social Justice Outreach Coordinator positions are 40 hours per week, based in Jefferson County serving Monday through Friday during normal business hours, with some evening and weekend service expected. Hours of service will greatly increase in late spring and early summer for Anytown Youth Leadership Camp.
Requirements include: An ability to facilitate programming in middle and high schools, experience with youth, program coordination knowledge, a heart for social justice initiatives and commitment to one year of service.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2019-2020 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1100/per month
- An educational award of $6095 upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.