YWCA Seeks Pell City Shelter AmeriCorps Members
YWCA Central Alabama has a paid Our Place Shelter (Pell City) AmeriCorps service position to begin September 1st. The position is 40 hours per week, based in St. Clair County serving Monday through Friday during normal business hours. It is located in a confidential domestic violence shelter.
Requirements include: Serving vulnerable populations in a domestic violence shelter, quick response to crisis, the ability to operate in excellence in a fast-paced environment, confidentiality and commitment to one year of service.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2019-2020 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1200/per month
- An educational award of $6000+ upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
AmeriCorps is akin to Peace Corps for citizens who desire to serve within nonprofits in the United States to help with capacity building and direct service. YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.