YWCA Central Alabama has two, paid Family Violence Center AmeriCorps service positions to begin September 3rd. The positions are 40 hours per week, based in Jefferson County serving Monday through Friday during normal business hours in a confidential domestic violence shelter.
Requirements include: Serving vulnerable populations in a domestic violence shelter, quick response to crisis, the ability to operate in excellence in a fast-paced environment, confidentiality and commitment to one year of service.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2019-2020 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1100/per month
- An educational award of $6095 upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.