YWCA Seeks Family Resource Center AmeriCorps Members
YWCA Central Alabama has paid Family Resource Center AmeriCorps service positions to begin September 1st. The positions are 40 hours per week, based in Jefferson County serving Monday through Friday.
Requirements include: Coordinating educational outreach and extra-curricular activities for children and adults (GED prep, adult literacy, CREW, homework clinics, and others) OR Coordinating health-related programs that empower families in the Woodlawn community to live healthier lives (healthy cooking lessons, and other initiatives. All applicants must be able to commit to one full year of service and have a passion for community outreach in the Woodlawn are.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2020-2021 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1200/per month
- An educational award of $6000+ upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.