YWCA Central Alabama is hiring AmeriCorps members for its Building Communities, Bettering Lives AmeriCorps program. Qualified candidates interested in full-time, paid community service are welcomed to apply. The remaining positions include opportunities to serve with YWCA and local nonprofits.
Available YWCA AmeriCorps positions:
- AlaQuest Collaborative for Education
- After School Enrichment Program
- Build UP Ensley
- College Admissions Made Possible
- YWCA Domestic Violence Service
- Mathews Center for Civic Life
- Firehouse Shelter
- YWCA Family Violence Center Shelter
- Kikstart, Inc.
- One Roof
- Our Place-Pell City
- Stipend of $1200/month (pre-taxes)
- An educational award of $6000+ upon completion
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- An opportunity to serve with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive personal and professional development
AmeriCorps positions start September 1 and conclude August 31, 2021. All positions are full-time, Monday through Friday during normal business hours with some evening and weekend expectations. Please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.