Website United Way of Central Alabama, Inc.
Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
Supervisor: Senior VP Public Relations/Community Relations
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Full time / Part time: Full time
Vacation Days: 15 Days
The PR Specialist is an entry-mid level public relations position that works closely with the PR and Marketing team to perform daily tasks related to the entire organization. The candidate should have strong writing, research, and organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• General Administrative duties (filing, copying, phone calls)
• Keeping abreast of industry and competitive trends
• Reporting noteworthy news items and opportunities
• Assisting in the coordination of special events
• Working with other departments as needed to help promote the organization’s brand
• Maintaining media lists and editorial calendars
• Job trafficking
• Writing feature stories and media releases for internal and external distribution
• Media Relations
• Excellent presentation skills including handling many assignments simultaneously
• Strategic thinking and execution in a fast-paced environment
Should exhibit creativity and resourcefulness
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to think outside the box
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising, or communications-related field. Advanced degree in a related field a plus.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an agency or corporate setting and demonstrated proficiency with public relations practices
• Experience in social services a plus.