EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
UI Designer / Developer
As a UI Designer / Developer you will be tasked with translating business and customer workflow needs into interactive interfaces that both satisfy the intent of the user as well as comply with the design system in which the interfaces will be built. This position will extend to collaborative meetings with primary stakeholders in a highly professional environment as well as require ownership of next generation UI frameworks to ensure designs perform to current web standards. Support of ongoing design exploration throughout the process is a requirement as both technical and usability aspects are contributed to by multifaceted teams until final validation of the solution is confirmed with the end users.
- Collaborate with end users, business stakeholders, product managers, architects and developers throughout feature refinement and solution exploration in a wide range of ceremonies and meetings
- Explore and help clarify target markets including detailed definition of personas and user behaviors
- Utilize multiple fidelity levels of visualization to promote collaborative requirements clarification
- Contribute to, maintain and support a continuously improving UI framework
- Provide extended support to agile delivery teams for feature work requiring interface improvements
- Promote data driven decision making by finding ways to open and close the feedback loop with a range of analytics tools
- 3 + years experience using web standards and usability best practices to design elegant user experiences
- 3 + years experince building highly performant next generation UI frameworks
- Clear understanding of accessibility standards
- Ability to use visual prototyping tools at a rapid pace
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework, Lean, Agile, and Continuous Improvement
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: User Experience, Developer, Information Technology, Programmer, Technology