Website United Way of Central Alabama
Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day activities and direct services of the Tutoring Partnership program, which links college and university students to serve as tutors to K-12 students. Coordinate outreach strategies for tutor recruitment among local colleges and universities. Coordinate with local school districts to facilitate tutor placement, training, and support. Assist in evaluating and monitoring program impact through data-analysis and evaluation. Represent United Way at community events and relevant stakeholder meetings to promote the Tutoring Partnership program.
- Provides administrative support for the Tutoring Partnership program.
- Coordinate with local colleges and universities to support program promotion and recruitment among students.
- Develop schedules for tutor recruitment and assignments to ensure alignment with program timelines.
- Serve as the primary liaison for prospective tutors interested in participation in the program.
- Review tutor applications and coordinate selection with local school districts.
- Provide support to tutors to ensure that program requirements are met.
- Support evaluation efforts by coordinating data with school districts and assisting with data analysis.
- Ensure tutor timesheet reporting is accurate and timely.
- Participates in United Way’s fundraising activities as appropriate.
- Supports the United Way’s annual allocations process.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent computer experience with Microsoft operations and ability to learn computer applications quickly.
- Proven ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of volunteers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate self and others.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience working with education or social service agency preferred. Background in volunteer management or project management preferred.
Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance.