Website The Summit Birmingham
Primarily responsible for local and regional on-property Consumer Marketing necessary to insure awareness of store mix, drive retailer traffic / sales, and build customer affinity for the property. In partnership with Bayer Corporate Marketing, manage the strategic development and implementation of property specific social media, consumer events, and PR plans designed to encourage store participation in order to maximize tenant sales results.
- Event Marketing – Develop and execute annual event plans reflective of the property positioning and conducive to the needs of the local market while driving tenant sales performance and position the center as an entertainment destination. Secure property-enhancing sponsorship to reduce expense while improving the overall event. Work with merchants to gain participation in events and notify them of upcoming events and any special instruction for the day of the event. Photograph and document all property events and associated follow up.
- Public Relations – Effectively manage development and execution of the local PR strategy, including media relations, blogger outreach, event development, press release generation (events; seasonal fashion; gift giving; etc.), on-air segments and crisis communication.
- Social Media – Create, curate and manage all published digital content (images, video, written), including updates to the property website, weekly email blasts, and daily posting to the property’s social media channels. Create relevant, original, high-quality content. Increase consumer interaction within digital mediums to drive property visit frequency and retailer sales growth. Become an advocate for the property in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- On-Property Marketing – Develop and maintain onsite consumer communication, including the handheld and hardscape directory, shopping passport, and property signage event communication.
- Retailer Specific Marketing – Establish strong tenant communication and partnerships, review stores’ current marketing approach, and create collaborative marketing efforts to ensure retailer and property success. Provide regular interaction with retailers including a monthly newsletter and annual retailer meetings.
- Community Development – Develop individual and organizational consumer and business contacts within the community (such as tourism bureaus and charitable organizations) to build the property’s local relationships and growth within the market. These relationships should reflect ownership’s commitment to improve the quality of life in the community while building the sales performance of the property.
- Performance & Reporting – Evaluate the effectiveness of key marketing activities in terms of sales results, consumer response, publicity value, tenant success and community support. Interact with Bayer corporate and ownership to communicate performance results and updates.
- Legal – Understand and meet legal requirements for special events, vendor contracts, volunteer guidelines, etc., as they pertain to implementing the marketing plan.
- Leasing Marketing – Support leasing teams in understanding the local market (geography; demographics; existing and new retailer opportunities; other) in order to provide additional tools in securing an optimal occupancy rate.
- Sponsorship & Short Term Occupancy – Identify local and regional prospects to partner with to enhance the strategic direction of the shopping center. Develop presentations and pitch materials for potential partners and under the direction of the General Manager and center ownership, negotiate non-traditional income opportunities for the property.
- Project & Budget Management – Manage spending within established budget parameters and timelines in conjunction with corporate marketing.