Website The Red Barn
The Red Barn
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: With direction from the Executive Director, the Office Manager maintains consistency and continuity in The Red Barn’s services. The Office Manager oversees the organization’s accounts receivable and payable, customer relations management software, and human resources.
- Maintains the organization’s billing system utilizing Quickbooks software.
- Generates invoices and account statements.
- Maintains accounts receivable and payable files and records and communicates issues with Executive Director.
- Produces monthly financial and management reports and shares with Executive Director and/or other members of the Administrative Team.
- Investigates and resolves any concerns or questions from customers.
- Assists in general financial management and analysis.
PAYROLL AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- Completes payroll information.
- Collaborates with external payroll provider to ensure payroll is timely and accurate.
- Maintains files for staff and volunteers.
- Serves as the administrator of all employee benefits (insurance, retirement, PTO).
- Oversees external communication for employment and volunteer inquiries.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT:
- Manages Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups.
- Maintains database for integrity and accuracy.
- Builds custom reports, dashboards, and workflows as requested by the Executive Director.
- Manages all migration of data into Salesforce.
- Evaluates new releases of Salesforce and provides updates on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users.
- Ensures timely email recognition of donations.
- Prepares year-end donor statements.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements regarding human resources and finances.
- Supports performance improvement efforts by researching, preparing, updating, and recommending processes to enhance human resources, office administration, or any other functionality of the organization.
- Assists with the establishment, revision, and maintenance of the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidiential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates daily office management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Quickbooks software.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 a year.
- 100% of BC/BS Silver Health, Dental, and Vision provided for employee, with the opportunity to purchase for other family members at the group rate.
- 3% IRA match.
- 80 hours of PTO offered the first year (2019), with an additional 40 granted every subsequent year until a maximum of 240 hours is reached.