EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO’s Corp IT team is looking for a new Technical Analyst for their Cybersecurity team. Working with senior engineers and cybersecurity practitioners, this position, will evaluate, test, develop, monitor and maintain information systems (IS) and cyber security policies, procedures and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware and software. The technical analyst will also work with EBSCO’s Security Operations Center, Security Incident Response, Identity and Access Management, and Perimeter Security. This position will help support the growth and maturity of the Cybersecurity function serving a global community of over 6000 employees and dozens of subsidiaries.
- Working with domain controllers
- Learning firewalls and other Cybersecurity controls
- Monitoring logs for correlation and anomalies (hunting)
- Helping with asset inventory
- Helping managing authentication and access requests
- Helping implementing new group policy and address changes to existing GPSs
- Assisting in the management of domain based DNS services and assisting with DHCP service support
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Cyber Security and or similar field of study
- 3-5 years’ experience within an professional IT organization
- Previous EBSCO experience preferred
- Passion for and strong willingness to grow within the Cybersecurity field.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Fundamental knowledge of Office 365 and our Microsoft Exchange
- Fundamental knowledge of Active Directory
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.