Website Levite Jewish Community Center
This position is responsible for providing assistance to students who are participating in virtual learning. The assistant will follow the schedule provided, plan activities when necessary for the students, and assist with schoolwork as needed. This assistant is also responsible for students’ safety and well-being at all times. They must stay with their immediate group at all times during work hours. Work is supervised on a limited basis as necessary and reports to the Youth Director. Work schedule varies from 7:00 AM – 3 PM based on assigned schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Performs frequent head counts of children, particularly when en route from one activity to the next.
● Assists with school work as necessary.
● Ensures children get all school work completed each day.
● Ensures children attend all live learning sessions from their school each day.
● Assists in the arrival and dismissal of the children.
● Assists children in all ways possible ensuring good hygiene, health and safety practices especially in the event of an emergency.
● Ability to model positive mature behavior.
● Must be organized and have ability to multitask.
● Must have capability to provide basic technical support for virtual schooling.
● Ability to participate in all activities adhering to policies and procedures to ensure the safety of children and staff.
● Resolve conflicts fairly and effectively according to agency’s policies
● Assist all students to integrate effectively.
● Maintain positive relationships at all times with students, families, guests, co-workers, and Youth Director.
● Keeps Youth Director informed and included on all youth related matters.
● Displays creativity, and innovation in performing job duties.
● Eats with a group and reports any children who do not eat lunch to the director.
● Must dress in appropriate swim attire when children are participating in swimming and water play.
● Ability to participate in all water play and swimming pool activities.
● Ability to work collaboratively with the agency’s staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with outside contact of the agency.
● Responsible for group attendance and completing appropriate paperwork.
● Attends all training and required hours.
● Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
● Performs additional duties as agreed upon by supervisor and in accordance with the program needs.
Position required occasional internal interaction with employees, parents, supervisors, officers, board members, other agency personnel and community members. Responsible for maintaining positive courteous and professional relationships with families and children enrolled in the program, all JCC staff, and other related agencies and the greater community.
● 19 years or older
● At least one year of college experience or
● Previous youth group or camp experience
● Ability to speak fluent English, understand it as well as read and write
Special Requirements and Physical Demands:
● Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate physical effort which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects and materials of moderate weight, bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, and sitting.
● Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of the children.
● Must have visual and auditory ability to keep track of multiple children and to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to activities.
● Effective and clear communication is essential between children and staff.
● Write daily reports of each child’s activities
● Noise level can be moderate to loud
● Frequent exposure to outside elements, such as sun exposure, heat, humidity and rain.
The Levite Jewish Community Center does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State Law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Employee Policy and Procedure Manual. The JCC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans and Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification. I have read and understand the job responsibilities, standard and requirements for this position. Should I have any questions regarding the essential functions of my job at any time, I will ask my supervisor immediately for clarification.
Employee Name (Print)