EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams
EBSCO Industries, Inc. is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and qualified Tax Accountant. This individual will:
- Prepare federal, state, & local tax returns and assist in preparing foreign information reporting returns
- Prepare federal, state, foreign, and local estimated income tax payments
- Assist in preparing the income tax provision in accordance with FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Perform research projects as required
- Coordinate and gather information for federal and state tax audits.
- Other tax projects as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or related.
- 2-5 years financial/accounting experience
- At least 2 years of income tax experience.
- Masters in tax or CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- The candidate will possess strong communication skills, be able to manage several projects simultaneously, and work effectively with a variety of people.
- Must have strong Excel spreadsheet knowledge and CCH ProSystem tax return preparation software experience is a plus.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.