Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, hard-working, and qualified Tax Accountant to join its team. Reporting into the manager of tax, this person will join a four-person team at EBSCO’s world HQ in Birmingham, AL. Due to EBSCO’s size and structure, the tax team handles a highly complex and challenging workload of federal, state, foreign, and local tax payments. Key responsiblites include:
- Prepare federal, state, & local income tax returns and assist in preparing foreign information reporting returns
- Prepare federal, state, foreign, and local estimated income tax payments
- Assist in preparing the income tax provision in accordance with FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Assist in filing monthly sales tax returns
- Perform research projects as required
- Coordinate and gather information for federal and state tax audits.
- Other tax projects as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or related.
- 2-5 years financial/accounting experience
- At least 2 years of income tax experience.
- Masters in Tax or CPA/CPA candidate preferred.
- The candidate must have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter.
- The candidate will possess strong communication skills, be able to manage several projects simultaneously, and work effectively with a variety of people.
- Must have strong Excel spreadsheet knowledge and CCH Axcess tax return preparation software experience is a plus.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.