Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries is currently seeking a tax accountant that is self-motivated with a growth mindset. This tax accountant will report to the tax director and supervisor and join the five-person team at EBSCO’s International Headquarters campus in Birmingham (remote options are available). The selected candidate in this position will work on various aspects of Tax, which include US income tax and compliance, US federal and state audits and inquiries, and indirect tax. This position requires interaction with business units and accounting teams. The environment will be fast paced and team oriented.
· Prepare and review federal, state, & local income tax returns and assist in preparing foreign information reporting returns
· Prepare federal, state, foreign, and local estimated income tax payments
· Assist in preparing the income tax provision in accordance with ASC740
· Perform research projects as required
· Coordinate and gather information for federal and state tax audits
· Assist with indirect tax functions
· Other tax projects as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with Masters in Taxation or Accounting preferred
· A minimum of two years of experience in federal tax in a public accounting firm or corporate tax department
· Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
· Certified Public Accountant
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
· Attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel proficiency
· CCH Axcess tax software experience is a plus
– Positive Attitude: Shapes an optimistic, “can-do” culture where people are confident in our collective ability to take action, solve problems, achieve progress, and make a positive impact.
– Integrity and Trust: Demonstrate, promote and reinforce an uncompromising commitment to high standards of ethical behavior. Inspire and build trust through transparency and honesty.
– Collaboration and Communication: Promote the importance of collaboration and open communication. Value, respect, and welcome differences of opinion and others’ perspectives.
– Accountability and Change Leadership: Establishes the proper standard for excellence through accountability. Promotes growth initiatives and positive change to ensure organizational health and long-term profitability.
– Teamwork and Execution: Create an environment that celebrates successes, acknowledges failures and commits to learning and improving. Translate goals and priorities into action plans and use process to achieve excellence in execution
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Real Estate, Compliance, Sales, Legal
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.