Website The Bama Buzz
Bham Now/The Bama Buzz
Paid. No benefits.
Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a self-starting go-getter with lots of initiative who wants to work with an energetic + creative team at Alabama’s modern media company?
The Bama Buzz is looking for an on-campus sports reporter intern who can write engaging content on the The Bama Buzz about Alabama or Auburn sports.
Interns are compensated based on what they produce. No benefits provided.
Remote, must have own transportation and equipment.
Weekend work may be required.
Skills | qualifications | attributes
- Rising senior in journalism or communications (or equivalent experience) with a sports acumen.
- Good knowledge of Alabama or Auburn sports—teams, records, organizations, events, etc.
- Excited to get out into the community to find sports stories
- Ready to pitch solid sports stories
- Able to organize + write a story in The Bama Buzz style + tone quickly with minimal supervision
- Know how to make a story relevant + engaging to our audience
- Ready to pick up the phone to talk to strangers
- Happy to run out to take photos or grab an interview at a moment’s notice
- Eager to attend press conferences
Bonus points if you’re:
- Willing to work off-hours to get a story out quickly, including on the weekends
Interested? Send an email with SPORTS INTERN in the subject line, a cover letter stating why you’re the best candidate for this opportunity, your resume, 3 examples of your work + 3 references from people you’ve worked with or professors to email@example.com or apply in Handshake.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bham Now is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com