EBSCO organization maintains and enhances a suite of diverse systems involved in every stage of digital book publishing from production to content delivery. Technologies include .NET and Java, as well as relational and NoSQL databases, and a number of mobile apps on both iOS and Android. The organization is geographically disperse, with groups of teams in multiple locations around the US. Travel for team meetings may be required up to 4-6 times a year.
The Solution Architect is a Lean-Agile leader who has the technical responsibility for the overall architectural and engineering design of the system. The Solution Architect interfaces with business stakeholders, cross functional teams, customers and suppliers to participate in the definition of the higher-level functional and nonfunctional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. They also validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives. The Solution Architect serves as the primary architectural coach for each team on an Agile Release Train (ART), ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the product/solution architecture and underlying platform architecture.
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution
- Work directly with agile teams to implement solutions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent
- Establish critical nonfunctional requirements at the solution level
- Participate in quarterly high-intensity company-wide planning exercises
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders about features under development
- Plan and develop architecture in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience of building complex server side solutions in Java, C#, C++
- 8+ years of experience with SOA/REST/Microservices concepts
- 8+ years of experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience and or expertise in cloud based solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying enterprise patterns to solving business problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.