|Position Overview |
EBSCO has an immediate opening for a talented Software Engineer to join our ranks. This position will be responsible for developing native cloud based applications in AWS using open source technologies on the Java platform. This position calls for an experienced developer who has demonstrated experience in all phases of application development and support in a team environment. This developer should be a self-starter that can handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate should display a pattern of continual learning and a desire to broaden their software development and design skills. EBSCO provides state-of-the-art hardware and development tools coupled with a team of highly skilled developers.
- Develop, maintain, extend software components to ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products, using Agile processes.
- Daily coordination of development and QA activities with cross-functional team
- Collaborate with the Agile team and product owners to develop high-quality solutions
- Author well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
- Author and review test plans, test cases and scripts to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
- Contribute to the architecture and design decisions for the product(s)
- Participate in the design and development of development infrastructure and tools for the team
- Automate unit and integration tests to achieve high automated test coverage
- Assess and incorporate new tools to aid with the development and testing process
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team
- Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments
- Contribute to the definition and inspection of quality gates within the build and deployment pipelineRole-Based Competencies:
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Focus on quality throughout the development process.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.Cultural Competencies:
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to UnderstandEOE/M/F/Disability/Vets
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3+ years of application development (Java or C# preferred)
- 2+ years database development experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for developing well-engineered software products
- Must possess demonstrable knowledge of software design patterns, data structures and modern programming techniques
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Unit Testing
- Working knowledge of developing automated integration or acceptance tests scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on an Agile team preferred
- Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques is preferred
- 2+ years QA/SDET experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.