Read Time 3 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
•Develop, test, maintain, extend software components to ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products, using Agile processes
• Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Resource Management and Access products
• Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
• Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
• Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
• Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
• Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
• Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
• Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
• Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• 1+ years of development experience using C# or Java.
• 1+ years of web development experience using .NET or Java Application Servers.
EBSCO is not offering sponsorship at this time.
• Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
• Hands on experience with Netflix OSS.
• Hands on experience with Microservices.
• Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
• Hands on experience working in SQL
• Familiarity working on the data layer using Stored Procedures/Views/Triggers
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices.
• Experience with user interface and graphic design.
• Demonstrated success delivering projects using HTML/CSS.
• Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
• Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.